Weight loss is not just about less calories, it’s the kind of food you place on your plate that also matters a great deal. It’s not possible or right to lose weight eating ice cream or pizza within the calorie limit because they don’t provide the body with necessary nutrients to function. Also, there’s a huge misconception that dieting is all about eating bland food and surviving on tasteless salads through the day. Come to think of it, isn’t it a very daunting thought – to stay away from yummy food and staple food to lose weight. But it’s not at all necessary to compromise on taste and good food to get lean. Do check the Rati Beauty diet on how to lose extra weight by eating normal food without giving up taste or nutrition. Also, read about some amazing tips that would help you get lean without staying off food.
1. Get started on the right kind of Diet: Once you decide to get healthy, you should enjoy the whole process, not feel frustrated and deprived of good food, and that’s why it’s important to choose the right kind of diet such as Rati Beauty, where you can lose weight by eating the right kind of food, regular food, without compromising on nutrition or taste. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Switch to Healthy Low-Calorie Treats Instead of Packaged Snacks: Processed snacks that we pick off supermarket aisles have loads of empty calories that quickly add up even though they come in small packets. Avoid snacking on these unhealthy treats and instead pick nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, etc. to satisfy hunger pangs. Also, when you crave for sweet something, freeze fresh fruits and eat them as candy. Additionally, here are “6 Low-Calorie Treats for Healthy Snacking.”
3. Replace Refined Grains with Whole Grains: Carbs have a bad reputation in the weight loss circles due to the common belief that they are fattening in nature and lead to increase of fat storages in the body; however, not all carbs are bad. Food items such as sugar, candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbs that spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells. On the other hand, complex carbs such as legumes, whole grains, vegetables, have comparatively lower glycemic index, get slowly digested, are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and help with weight loss. So, here’s a list of “Best Carbs to Eat for Weight Loss” you need to check out.
4. Cook your food in healthy oils such as Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil: They have healthy fats that when taken in moderation help burn fat. People tend to avoid all forms of fat to lose weight, but healthy fats on the contrary, mobilize the whole fat-burning process.
5. Say no to Sugar: Cut back on salt to lose weight, but give up sugar completely to get healthy as well. Excess sugar triggers a lot of undesirable effects such as headache, hormonal changes, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. If there is an excess amount of sugar in your blood, your body will convert excess sugar into glycogen or fat. That’s why, do try to cut out sugar completely from your daily diet. Here’s “How to Cut Back on Added Sugar to Lose Weight.”
6. Give up on Processed Food: Processed food is high in calories, sugar, salt content and also has preservatives, refined flour, can be called junk food. Sweets, candies, chocolates, biscuits, cookies, fast food, sweet beverages, colas, etc. that offer little to zero nutritional value to the body. If you want to stay healthy and lose weight, give up on processed food, just like sugar.
7. Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables: How often have you heard this line “fill half of your plate with vegetables” to boost weight loss efforts? Vegetables, barring a few exceptions, are extremely low in calories and considered one of the most-filling foods. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat as much as you can and rarely get into a calorie surplus! Health experts, in fact, recommend getting 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day. However, if you absolutely detest eating veggies day in and day out, here are “9 Interesting Ways to eat more vegetables for weight loss.”
8. Exercise, Be Active Through The Day: Just one hour in the gym would be of no use if you spend the rest of the day on the couch or at the work desk. An essential fat-burning enzyme called “lipase” switches off its function after just 30 minutes of inactivity. That’s why it is completely essential to move around every few minutes to keep the calories burning.
Hope these tips help to go far ahead in getting healthy and fit.