AYURVEDIC FALLING HAIR OIL LOTUS HERBALS KERA-VEDA GROWOIL: Review
Hello Ladies!! I have just noticed recently that due to the rainfalls and super hot & humid weather had made my tresses fall to an alarming rate. I became so concerned that I was losing so much of my hair whenever I take a bath. It seems like I was losing about 50 strands with just 1 bath, and after I brush my wet hair about another 30 falls, I told this to my mother who calmly said that we shed about 100 strands of hair per day, but the explanation was not satisfactory. I thought I was in the middle range of becoming bald sooner or later than I expected, ok not really bald, but who wants thinning hair? I can’t really cut my hair short also.
So after much thinking I decided to switch to hair oil, although I am not a great fan of greasing my hair but on my mother’s recommendation I thought to give it a shot. I had recently heard about the special Kera-Veda hair care range from the Lotus Herbals. So I decided to try out their KERA-VEDA GROWOIL, hoping it will help me to get rid of my tress trouble.
What LOTUS HERBALS KERA-VEDA GROW OIL Claims:
- Helps stop premature falling of hair.
- Regular use of this premium quality herbal oil makes hair strong, healthy and full of life
- It is also helpful in headache, migraine and sleeplessness.
Its Price: Tt is priced at Rs 295/- for 220 ml.
Ingredients list (as mentioned on the pack I bought):
Composition for 10 ml :
Brahmi Extract : 2.0ml
is also useful in controlling the hair fall caused by excessive (Heat) of the scalp. Also is useful in premature whitening of hair.
Bhringraj Extract : 1.0 ml
Behra Extract : 0.5 ml
Nagarmotha Extract : 0.5ml-
I-t is used in treating hair and scalp disorders. It dilates the small capillary and acts on the sebaceous glands at the hair root and stimulates them.
Padmakh Extract : 0.5 ml –
-Constant usage relieves headache & hair loss
Til Oil : 1.0 ml-
Directions to use :
- Use daily for at least 45 days. Massage vigorously on scalp at night before going to bed.
- Leave overnight.Can be used after shower in the morning.
- For best results, use Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda range of active herbal shampoos and conditioners for synergistic effect.
Ultimately I landed up with the Lotus Herbal Keda Vera Hair Oil. Ok it doesn’t look much in the bottle. The bottle looks cute in my opinion, the fragrance doesn’t smell good- nothing really excites me to use it but still I had to test it out as I have to know if it was effective for my hair. As I oiled my hair more and more strands were falling off, I was so scared and angry at the same time because I thought the oil would help ! The first night was a disaster. Not only that but as I began to brush my hair, my hair was so chip chip! Strands fell out through my fingers and I had picked up some from the floor and also from my brush. As result, I thought I even lost more hair before I had used this oil!! I was so furious I didn’t even know if I should use the oil anymore..
But I wasn’t the one who was about to give up easily, I said to myself that I would try this oil for a week and if it doesn’t work, then I would complain. I continued using this up until the fourth day when I noticed the hair fall seemed to have lessened compared to the first day of usage. I was very happy.
- Regular use has reduced my hair fall to an extent.
- It can be applied to the scalp without any hesitation and I did not find any irritation or allergy at scalp after using it.
- It’s not that hair oil stops hair fall completely or makes the hair silky smooth but it sure gives the roots some protein.
- It contains pure herbals extracts with excellent therapeutic properties.
- Reasonably priced.
- The SA confirmed it is non-sticky. But I felt great stickiness on my hair.
- Many of us as like me have a hectic schedule so washing the hair everyday is the last priority.
- Results are visible only after a considerable period of time.
- I did not notice any new hair growth.
- The fragrance is not pleasant. It smells all herbal.
Bottom line: This oil made me a real believer, I was a total skeptical at first. I’m glad I didn’t stop using it and I am very happy about the results. Honestly, I will not continue using it because of the fact that I am not very idle, I cannot massage my scalp every single night & wash it the next day. Also I can’t carry this greasy look outdoor/office. But I would totally recommend this to anyone who has trouble with hair fall and would like to get some treatment. Before you consult a doctor I suggest you should try this first and be diligent in using it. You will really see results in using this and I hope the hair problems of people will lessen as they try this product.
My Rating: :-*:-* :-* .Only because of the greasiness.