Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Dandruff keeps coming back no matter how much you try to remove it. Starting from homemade recipes to a range of anti-dandruff shampoos that I have laid my hands on- nothing seems to say ‘goodbye’ to the oily and sticky dandruff for good! That is why, I am always looking out for anti-dandruff shampoos and if they seem promising enough, I never hesitate to give them a try. After having a fairly nice experience with the Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Shampoo range for oily scalp and hair, I thought of giving Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-dandruff Shampoo a try. I am going to review the product today.
Claims made by the product:
Combining the well-known goodness of Neem and Reetha, this unique anti-dandruff shampoo also helps hinder hair fall and hair loss. Neem helps relieve dry and itchy scalp, dandruff and Reetha makes hair silky, shiny and stronger, thus encouraging hair growth. It is meant for all hair types.
Price- Rs 145 for 150 ml (Can be purchased at discounted price in online stores)
Shelf life: Not clearly mentioned (but seems like either 2 or 3 years from the existing information)
List of ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Neem Extract, Reetha Extract, Cocomonoethanolamide, Climbazole, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Methicone, Water And Hydrolyzed Keratin, Polyquatermium 30, 2-Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Sodium, Propyl Paraben Sodium, Citric Acid, Light Green SF C.I. No- 42095, Fragrance
List of active ingredients: Neem and Reetha
Directions for use: Squeeze out some quantity on the palm of your hand. Apply on wet hair and lather it up. Leave in for 1 minute. Rinse off.
My Experiences with Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-dandruff Shampoo
• Experiences with the packaging: The shampoo comes in a bright yellow (mustard colored) bottle with a green flip-open cap. (However, in some websites, I have also seen a light green colored tube under the very same nomenclature.) A plastic packaging shield had to be torn off to get access to the cap. The cap is excessively tight and I feared I would break my nails while trying to open it! Even after repeated use, the stiffness remained as it was.
• Experiences with the content: The shampoo is transparent with a very light green color which is almost on the verge of being colorless. It has a runny consistency. It has a distinctive herbal fragrance and lathers well. Though it is mentioned that it can be suitable for all hair types, I personally feel that it would be better for people with oily scalp and normal to oily hair.
What I liked about Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-dandruff Shampoo
• It contains the goodness of neem and reetha extracts.
• It comes at an affordable price.
• Complete list of ingredients is mentioned.
• It keeps the scalp fresh and free from oily and sticky feeling.
What I did not like about Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-dandruff Shampoo
• It does not help to hinder hair fall and hair loss, as it claims.
• I haven’t found it effective in encouraging hair growth.
• It doesn’t do away with dandruff properly. It may be good for mild cases of dandruff only.
• It tends to make the hair dry after repeated use.
• The cap is very tight and that makes it inconvenient to use.
• Though it comes from a ‘herbal’ brand, it contains harmful ingredients like Parabens and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate.
Would I like to buy Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-dandruff Shampoo again?
I don’t think so. I found it effective neither against dandruff, nor against hair loss. Moreover, I am not quite satisfied with the list of ingredients.
IMBB Rating: 1.5 out of 5
Lotus Herbals Keraveda Hennapura Shampoo
Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Growoil
Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Amlapura Shikakai Amla Herbal Shampoo
25 thoughts on “Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review”
this shampoo made my hairs horribly dry… 🙁
i know 🙁 dint expect it from lotus!
i have tried it dear…the triphala shampoo…i use t now as well. the chinarose anti-dandruff shampoo suited me but i dint reap much benefit from it!
may be… 🙂
I had always wanted to try this shampoo but seems its really bad, thnx will give it a pass
seriosly Sukanya! i dint like it at all 🙁 any good suggestion for anti-dandruff shampoo? hav tried aroma magic, vlcc..
somthing which is good yet as free from chemicals as possibl?
what a disappointment !
dint expect it at all..muzyna!!!
I have used Lotus too and never liked it..good review..
oo…i tried the Amlapura Shikakai shampoo and t was good. dat too from the same keda veda range. So..i thought of giving this a try…
1.5 rating.. 🙁 didnt expect this from a herbal shampoo..
Perhaps, it would be best to consult a doctor if the dandruff problem is really persistent.
i did…was under the advice of a derm for 6 months..dint help. nw im banking on homeopathy 🙁
Aww… I’m sorry. 🙁
Maybe a vinegar (diluted) rinse will help. I hope the dandruff goes away soon. <3
Sorry about the typo, it’s René not Ren
1.5 🙁 i havnt read any positive reviews on the kera vada range 🙁 thanx for the review 🙂
Thats really a bad shampoo… 🙁 Thanks for the review Som!! 🙂
And Good morning everyone!
ya somreeta.. i dont understand that SLS or parabens are present in majority products or lotus.. how are they herbal then…???
Aww..such a bad shampoo *spank* Good afternoon everybody 😀
I too had the same problem. I have oily hair and was constantly trying home remedies, shampoos, hair masks, and what not. One day I stumbled upon this Khadi Herbal – Honey and Lemon Juice Shampoo online, and have been using it since then. It is simply wow!! I’m loving it completely. It is a mild shampoo, so I use it almost daily. And my dandruff has gone completely. Have been using it since a month or so. I strongly recommend it… try it on girl..it may do wonders to u too.