I read this line somewhere couple of weeks ago that there is nothing better than having lots of lipsticks. I loved this comment and the next day, came across this advertisement of “Buy one get one free offer” on Lotus Herbals MoistPetals lipsticks! Could there be anything better! I became a fan of Lotus Pure Color lipsticks after buying their shade Peach Crème. Hoping that the same creamy, highly pigmented quality of the pure color range would be maintained in this line of Lotus Lipsticks as well-I could barely afford to give this offer a miss!
Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick: Price Rs 284 (on BOGO offer till May 31st)
What the Lotus Herbals website says about Moistpetals lippy
A premium quality luxurious lip color which hydrates, nourishes and protects lips for hours with symphytum officinale and plantage oyata seed botanical extracts. 100% vegetarian: no animal ingredients.
I went looking for shades in pink and plum. The SA swatched almost all the shades and I chose two –one earthy pink and another brownish plum in numbers 142 and 147 respectively (147 is not shown in the above shade chart 🙁 ). The SA told me many times that I was buying two almost same shades-and suggested some browns and maroons-however-my eyes remained glued to my chosen ones and after 15 minutes of no-this-no-that- I came home with the twin shades :). 142 is named Blossom and 147 is named Lilac Delight.
My take on the Lotus Moist Petals Lipsticks:
The lipsticks are adorable-right from the packaging-which though somewhat weird in shape-are classy in a red-n-gold case. The lipsticks are creamy, moisturizing and they have the right pigmentation to give full coverage to lips in one swipe. The quality I guess is the same as the Lotus pure color lippys-and the amount of product is quite satisfactory. In all-such a good lipstick priced at around 140 bucks (with the BOGO offer) is a steal!!
Both the shades 142 and 147 that I got are different from any lippy I have come across so far. The shade Blossom looks like a brown lippy in its case -but comes out as soft pink with brown undertones on lips. Shade Lilac Delight is close to 142- it is a very unique shade that seems to be a mixture of brown, pink and plum. It gives a sheer finish. Both the shades would go nicely with any outfit and are very wearable. I found both of them looking nice on wheatish skin. However I feel-on dusky skin tones-these shades may wash out the look somewhat.
Pros of Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick
3) Great in pigmentation
4) Price-even without BOGO offer is alluring!
5) Very good staying power-about 3-4 hours with sipping and smacking 🙂
6) Dunno-but I have seen all my lippys to sweat in summer-their whole surface gets covered with tiny beads of oil whereas freezing spoils the creamy texture. Strangely Lotus ones don’t sweat at all-so less chance of melting and breaking in summer!!
One little tip..for any of you who have bought these two shades-I feel although they are soft shades-a smokey eye should not be paired with these-I tried and it gave me a very weird and dull look. Pair these up with vibrant eyes-not sultry ones 🙂
Cons of Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick
1) I didn’t quite like the collection of shades in this Moist Petals line of Lotus lippys. Since my purpose was to catch earthy shades-I was not disappointed. However, the collection mostly has shades which are not that vibrant (there is one maroon and one deep red though). More pinks and peaches included-and this will become the best budget lippy in town!
2) I literally have to look up the internet to locate some nearby Lotus storezz!! Dunno.. when Lotus skin care products are so widely available-why don’t they increase distributors of their makeup line which is so affordable and of brilliant quality.
My rating 5/5
Have You Used Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Pink Petal
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss Twilight Petal
Lotus Herbals Pure Color Lipstick Mod Mauve
Lotus Herbals Pure Color Lipstick
Lotus Herbals Floral Glam Lipsticks
Lotus Herbals Stick Foundation
Lotus Herbals Anti Tan Sunblock SPF 30
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Pack
Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Cream
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
L’Oreal Made For me Naturals Lipstick
Colorbar Soft Touch Lipstick
L’Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick
7 Lipstick Reviews