Lotus Herbals Neemwash Review
This review has already been done by Neha. She has oily skin but the face wash says that it is for all skin types. I have dry skin so you’ll get to know about the fae wash from a different perspective.
What the tube says: Lotus Herbals NeemWash is an innovative face wash which uses the goodness of neem and clove and removes surface oils, dirt and pollutants. It contains active neem extract and neem slices which provide excellent anti bacterial protection to skin.
Active ingredients : Neem extract, active neem extract, clove extract.
Directions : Squeeze a small quantity on the we palm of your hand. Crush the active neem slices and work out lather. Apply on wet face with circular motions. Wash off.
Price : Rs 110 for 80 gm product
What I love about Lotus Herbals NeemWash:
- It’s very refreshing and soothing face wash.
- It leaves your face squeaky clean. You actually can feel that all the dirt and grime has been sucked out of your skin.
- It works great during hot humid weather, especially for me.
- It has a gel like texture and it lathers well.
- A little goes a long way. You need a peanut size amount for your face.
- The facewash has active neem slices in it, which you are supposed to crush and apply it on your face. Initially I found no use of these. But the changing weather was giving me tiny pimples on my cheeks. I used to crush these one or two slices between my thumb and index finger and applied it directly on my pimples. I used to wash it off after 5 minutes or so. Within 4-5 days, the pimples were gone. Other than the face wash, I had made no changes in my skincare routine. So it has to be the face wash that cleared out my skin.
- It comes in a flip-top cap tube so it’s easier to carry and also, it’s easier to control the amount of product that you want.
- I quite like the herbal-neem kind of smell.
- According to Lotus , all their face washes are soap free. They are 100% olive oil surfactant based products.
Now the downsides :
- Although the pack says that it is for all skin types, it makes my skin dry beyond my liking. I have to instantly apply a moisturizer after I wash off my face. It works great when my skin gets oily because of humidity but I would not want be able to use it during winters. It’s strictly a refreshing summer face wash.
- Crushing the neem petals is quite an effort because they slip between your fingers.
- The full list of ingredients is not mentioned.
- I could not discover or smell anything clove. But if they say that the face wash has clove in it, I believe it.
I personally think this is a better facewash for people with oily skin. Infact it calms me down on hot-humid days, I can imagine what a blessing it would be for people who have oily skin.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
Read Neha’s review on Lotus Herbals Neemwash
Have you used Lotus Herbals NeemWash? Please rate in the box below.
Note : The product shown in this entry was sent by the company for consideration.
20 thoughts on “Lotus Herbals Neemwash Review”
this is on my “to try”list 🙂
I might no purchase it because it is simply not for my skin type. But it will do good to people with oily skin. 🙂
Sad it didnt work for dry skin…would have liked to try this…specially the active neem particles are interesting me 🙂
It’s more like a summer facewash to me. The neem particles are actually cute. 😛
Reviewing the fruit pack tomorrow. That you might pick. 🙂
My general observation is that the gel based face wash are not for the normal to dry skin. The tendency is that it needs a thorough wash to completely take off your skin and that leads to taking off the essential oils of the face leaving the skin too dry with strech feeling
NO it doesn’t need a thorough wash to take it off. Just one or two splashes of water and you are done.
I also use aromamagic facewash that dries my skin lesser than this does. It is also gel based. may be because that one also has essential oils in it. DUnnooo really…
Interesting post… But don’t think I’ll buy it. I’m in love with the current one that I use
which one do you use?
THIS SEEMS TO BE GODD ON OILY AND PIMPLE PRONE SKIN.. I’LL GET THIS… :-))
yeah, sush it is best suited for oily and acne prone skin. 🙂
Hey Rati !
Sorry for Looooooooooong absence from your blog .. But I swear I have been reading ALL the post and thoroughly enjoying it 🙂
Nobody told me that college life would be soo fun .. all I do now is stay back and talk non sense 😛
I study too , ok 😛
hehe , but you must have noticed the abundance of seats for BBE .. Lucky me , I got thru despite having a BAD rank..(Courtesy – OBC seats being converted :P) :giggle:
Now I’m doing BBE from DU :rotfl:
My college started from 20th and I had been a busy soul since then . But as I said , I had been following the blog , Rashmi is so good wIth her FOTD’s and Mac to the beach collection has me drooling all over ! I will try to comment more often , dont ever thing I’m gone :laugh:
.-= Palak´s last blog ..Make up in monsoons =-.
Oh all these updates. I have had the best days of my life during my college days only and I wouldn’t want to exchange them for anything.
god now you are doing BBE. I thought when IMBB would be big one day we’ll have an in-house lawyer all ready for us. loll!!
To the beach was fantastic. Boy!! I was remembering you seeing all those bronzy things there. Swear!
Rashmi is our MACQueen. She wishes that her darling hubby worked for MAC only. :rotfl:
You enjoy yourself and be around. :-* :-*
Shit ! I missed my big break .. isnt it called .. ummm .. Opportunity Cost 😛
hehe .. I was drooling over the seahorse .. it was sooo pretty 🙂
Rashmi is so funny ! I love her casual writing style .. ” darling , mehngai ka zamana hai ” :rotfl:
n behno mujhe bachaaoo.. was a classic. :laugh: that’s what makes her posts so special. 🙂
You just missed all the costs. :X-P:
I loooovvved this when I used it in Summers… I get a little Oily T-zone in Summers and this worked fine..
But as you said it is better suited for Oily Skin So i didn’t re-purchase it..
.-= Mrunmayee´s last blog ..Grand giveaway at IMBB!!!! =-.
Same here Mrunmayee, we are having rains during this time so the weather is getting very humid. This is working fine for these days but on regular days it is making my skin a little drier.
Glad you wrote this comment. 🙂
I bought the face wash after reading your review.. first 2 days i loved it but today( third day) i got a dry spot on my chin which is kind of burning 🙁 🙁 🙁 … now i am not sure whether to continue it or stop using it. I had been using liquid neutrogena before this and I loved it..it gives an instant glow on my face but i kind of faced the same problem with liquid neutrogena as well ..the first 2 days i got a dry spot but then it completely suited my skin..btw I have a combination skin :-))