Lotus Herbals Tinted Lip Gloss in Strawberry Punch #41
A unique, high gloss lip care formulation with a non-sticky feel. Enriched with botanical extracts of Grapes and Jojoba that make lips soft and supple for long.
The unique product qualities are:
- Sponge Brush Applicator for smooth even application.
- Freedom to use as top coat without affecting lip color.
- Jojoba helps promote healing of the skin.
- Its antimicrobial properties in addition to the chemical composition that closely resembles skin’s natural sebum, makes it easy to absorb and non-allergic even in the most sensitive individuals.
Rs. 225 (got it for Rs 170) for 4.2 g.
Strawberry Punch (strawberry pink colour).
My Take on Lotus Herbals Tinted Lip Gloss in Strawberry Punch #41:
Okay, let me make something clear. My favourite lip glosses will always be from the Maybelline Colorsensational range, but the range doesn’t have some colours like corals, oranges, medium pinks, etc. This is not a problem at all. I love the CS lip glosses to death, but I really do want to own some other colours too. It’s always good to have a good variety of shades in lip glosses, you know for every outfit, occasion, mood 😉
This is one of the two lip glosses I got from Lotus Herbals. The other one is Winterberry Crush which has already been reviewed here.
The colour is a strawberry pink. Neither is it too pale nor a very deep berry colour, just the perfect pink for everyday casual wear. It’s the kind of colour that will suit most complexions and work wonderfully on most occasions too.
It has subtle shimmer that doesn’t really translate into heavy shimmer on the lips. It just adds a subtle shine to the gloss.
In terms of texture, this lip gloss is just a tad creamy rather than watery. It is a little sheer but still shows up moderately well on the lips. The pigmentation of the glosses in this range seems to vary from shade to shade. Winterberry Crush is one of the more pigmented shades and this one is moderately pigmented.
Staying power is very average, as is the case with most lip glosses in the market. A few hour tops if you starve and dehydrate yourself 😉
These glosses have a mild scent, don’t quote me, but I think they smell a little like watermelons? Not sure. If you detest any kind of scent in your glosses, I suggest you sniff them in the store before buying them.
The packaging is sturdy and spill-proof in my experience and the gloss can easily be tossed into your purse or bag for touch-ups through the day.
Here are some pics:
(The lip gloss with doe-foot applicator).
(Recently learnt that you should swatch lip products on the tips of your fingers because it gives you better idea of what it would look like on your lips. So, voila!)
(The lip gloss on the lips. The colour doesn’t show up that well because it’s sheer.)
(You can notice the slight shimmer in the gloss. It isn’t really visible in real life though).
Pros of Lotus Herbals Tinted Lip Gloss in Strawberry Punch #41:
- Pretty colour that’ll flatter most complexions.
- Sturdy packaging.
- Moderately pigmented. It does only claim to be a tinted gloss after all.
- Wide range of colours.
- Doesn’t dry out lips.
- Most shades in this range are suitable for daily wear. Some of the recently-launched shades are more shimmery and festive. So, they have glosses and shades that cater to all occasions and preferences.
Cons of Lotus Herbals Tinted Lip Gloss in Strawberry Punch #41:
- Price is a little too much for the quantity and pigmentation. I think they’d be better value for money if they were priced between Rs 170- 200. This is my personal opinion.
- Some of the shades in this range are barely pigmented and don’t really show up at all, especially on pigmented lips. If you like your glosses to be heavily pigmented, then you might not like these.
- Scent could have been better/different. I doubt anyone will fall in love with this watermelon-like scent. I prefer the citrus scent of the Colorsensational glosses better. Nevertheless, there is nothing especially repulsive about the scent.
- Average staying power (not really a con, just stating the obvious).
- The website really doesn’t have much information. You can’t even see an approximate swatch of the colours. For these lip glosses, only the phrase “directions for use” is displayed. There isn’t any actual direction on how to use the product. The website is not regularly updated and is not helpful in making an informed choice.
These glosses are okay. If you must have them, get them for the unique range of shades and try to get them on sale. They’re a tad overpriced in my opinion but not too much. They are creamy with very little shimmer and this makes them suitable for most occasions. If you’re a gloss collector or addict, do check them out and steer clear of some of the very sheer shades if you’ve pigmented lips. You might as well wear some lip balm, isn’t it?
Lotus Herbals Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip Gloss Winter Berry Crush
Lotus Herbals Tinted Lipgloss Candy Floss
Lotus Herbals Lip Balm – Strawberry
Lotus Herbals Orange Lip Balm
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm
The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
L’Occitane Tinted Shea Butter Lip Balm
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home