- A premium quality luxurious lip color which hydrates, nourishes & protects lips for hours with symphytum officinale and plantage oyata seed botanical extracts. 100% vegetarian: no animal ingredients.
- Botanical, moisturizing and nourishing extracts.
- Intensive color. Dazzling shine.
Rs. 295 for 4.2 grams.
About the Shade “Red Rover:”
“Red Rover” is bright red in color with orange undertones and golden shimmers. It is not the dark, deep kind of red. It’s a very pretty color. The shimmers in it give a golden-orange glaze to the lipstick upon reflecting light. The shimmers are not grainy or chunky and can be seen only on close inspection. It gives a pearl like finish to the lips.
Texture of the lipstick is ultra smooth. It glides like butter on the lips. It goes on sheer in one swipe. However, since the colour is so bright, it still manages to cover lip pigmentation with a single swipe. The color and intensity can be built up easily with 2 to 3 swipes. It is lightweight and does not look cakey. It is not overly creamy or thick. The lipstick feels moisturizing initially, but after a few hours, I could see some dry flakes on my lips. So, it is better to apply a lip balm first. The staying power was not that great. It starts fading from the middle of the lips and leaves a red tint behind. On me, it stayed for around 3 hours.
You can reduce the intensity of the red color by blotting it with a tissue and then applying a gloss. When the lipstick fades, the shimmer particles can been seen stuck to my lips. It was not over the top, but still I did not like it. The lipstick did not bleed or settle into fine lines. It has a faint smell which fades away as soon as you apply the lipstick.
Pros of Lotus Herbals Ultra Moisturizing Lip Color Moistpetals : Red Rover
- Texture is smooth and applies lightweight on the lips.
- Does not look cakey even if applied 2 to 3 coats.
- Covers lip pigmentation in a single swipe.
- Leaves a red tint on fading.
- Does not bleed or settle into fine lines.
- Lotus claims it is 97% natural, though no complete ingredient list is given.
Cons of Lotus Herbals Ultra Moisturizing Lip Color Moistpetals : Red Rover
- Need a lip balm since it tends to flake around dry skin.
- Starts fading soon and does not stay for more than 3 hours.
- Leaves a very faint coat of golden shimmers once the lipstick fades.
- No see-through portion on the pack to see the color without opening.
Final Word on Lotus Herbals Ultra Moisturizing Lip Color Moistpetals : Red Rover
Red rover is a bright and beautiful red shade. I liked the fact that it is lightweight and yet covers the lip pigmentation. However, I was not happy with the staying power and the golden glaze it leaves behind after fading. If you love wearing such bright shades, you will definitely like this one for sure.
Lotus Herbals Lip Colour Review–Rose Wood & Perky Peach
Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Comfort Liquid Foundation
Lotus Herbals WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening Facial Foam
Lotus Herbals Cocomoist Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Lotion
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Loccitane Ultra Rich Conditioner With Shea Butter
Dabur Gulabari Moisturizing Lotion
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion
L’Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Moisturizing Conditioner
Maybelline Forever Metallics Metal Shine Lip Color Pencil
Oriflame Stay Glam Lip Colour
Revlon Renewist Lipcolor Lush Peony
Revlon Colorstay Overtime LipColor Photos, Swatches
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color
Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color Rose Brown Review, Swatch, FOTD
MAC Russian Red Lipglass Review, Swatch + Outfit
Faces Creme Matte Lipgloss in Radiant Red