WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Herbals has recently launched their new Skin Care range called “WHITEGLOW”. Products include Face Mask, Gel Crème, Facial Foam, Scrub, Serum, Micro Emulsion with SPF etc, all intended to whiten and brighten the skin. Skin whitening formulas have never attracted me much but I thought of trying one from this range because Lotus is one of my favorite brands. I picked the White Glow Face scrub since my St Ives scrub had just got over and here is the review.
WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub exfoliates the skin gently, removes dirt, impurities, whiteheads and blackheads leaving your skin brighter and healthier with a shining glow. The gentle exfoliating action works on skin discoloration, dull and uneven skin tones and softens the skin giving you a firmer skin texture. Oatmeal exfoliates gently, restores the natural moisture balance of skin and yogurt moisturizes and lightens the skin reducing imperfections giving you silky, smooth and brighter skin.
Gently apply the scrub on moistened skin with brisk circular movements on the face and neck. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use twice a week for brighter and luminous skin. Follow with WHITEGLOW Yogurt Radiance Mask for best result.
Price: Rs 145 for 100g
Quite a surprise that complete list of ingredients is mentioned on the pack unlike earlier products from Lotus.
DM, Water, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glycerine, Isopropyl Myristate, Ployethylene granules, Avena Sativa Meal (Oatmeal) powder, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Light Liquid Paraffin, Yogurt powder, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, 2-Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Alpha-Arbutin, Fragrance.
So far Lotus as a brand has never failed to meet my expectations and that is one reason I decided to try out this scrub from their new WHITEGLOW range, and I must say I am loving this product a lot. Previously I have tried their apricot scrub and quite liked it too, but now when I saw the ingredients like oatmeal, yogurt etc I was more than happy since it would be a change from the conventional apricot granules which we find in almost all scrubs available. The scrub feels creamy and smooth to touch and granules are hardly visible unless you start scrubbing it on face. The feeling is exactly like how you would scrub your face with oatmeal powder mixed with yogurt. This scrub is definitely not suited for daily use since the granules are a bit harsh on face unlike how they appear to be. Once I finished scrubbing, applied moisturizer and I could see my face bright and smooth with a visible subtle glow. Whiteheads on my nose area was completely removed and dullness vanished as claimed by the product. Though initially I was a little apprehensive when I found lots of chemical ingredients in our so called Herbal brand, am thoroughly impressed with the end results; after all I don’t think there is any brand which would be 100% Herbal unless explicitly mentioned the same on the pack. Am happy that LotusHerbals no longer remains mysterious when it comes to the ingredient list and let us all welcome the positive change and expecting other Herbal brands also to demonstrate transparency like Lotus.
What I like the most in Lotus Whiteglow Scrub
• Goodness of oatmeal and yogurt packed in a convenient tubular form.
• Skin feels bright and fresh after using the scrub.
• Most of the claims are true I feel – brightens the skin and gives a subtle glow which lasts for few days, removes dullness, dirt, impurities, whiteheads etc.
• Texture is not very thick, it is quite smooth may be due to presence of yogurt and thus spreads very easily on face.
• I like the oatmeal granules which is a change from the common apricot granules found in most other scrubs.
• Very mild and refreshing fragrance- while scrubbing you would hardly feel any smell; a perfect replica of your homemade oatmeal+yogurt scrub which hardly has any smell too…
• Price is quite reasonable.
• Available in almost all Lotus counters.
• Packaging is decent enough- squeezable white tube with twist open silver cap.
What I don’t like in Lotus Whiteglow Scrub
• Contains Parabens – though these are common preservatives in many skin care/cosmetic items, presence of parabens in Lotus which is a brand projected so far as HERBAL is definitely a downside I feel.
Would I re-purchase: Definitely YES, and am planning to try out few other products in the WHITEGLOW range, thoroughly impressed I should say.
My Rating would be: 4.5 out of 5
Lotus Herbals Cocofair Ginseng Fairness Creme Review
Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
Lotus Herbals Floral Glam Lipsticks Review, Photos and Swatches
Lotus Herbals Neemwash Review
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Body Scrub Review
St Ives Apricot Whitening Scrub Review
Bio Glow Scrub Review
Khadi Scrub Silver Moon (With Sandal) Review
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Face: Skin Whitening Products
Glutathione Skin Whitening Pills Available in India