Lotus SHEAMOIST 24-Hr Moisturizer Review
As I say in my every post, I have a very very dry skin… 😆 So I am in constant search of a good moisturizer that will keep my skin hydrated for at least 6-7 hrs. (Sometimes I reapply moisturizer every 2-3 hrs..!!!). I have used Lakme Strawberry Silk Crème, Ponds cold cream, Nivea classic and Nivea soft, Garnier Total Comfort, and many more which I don’t recall now…. But except for Garnier’s Total comfort nothing came quite close to satisfying my moisturizing needs.
Then, I found Lotus Sheamoist 24-hr Moisturizer. It not only moisturizes my skin very well and for a long time, it has also added a nice glow to my complexion.
My skin is softer, smoother and doesn’t crave for moisture any more.
Lotus SHEAMOIST 24-Hr Moisturizer (For Dry to Normal Skin): Pack Information-
This innovative 24-hr moisturizer containing Shea butter and Strawberry extract moisturizes the skin for extended periods. The time-release formula ensures there are bursts of moisture at regular intervals.
DIRECTIONS: Apply daily morning and, if needed for extreme hydration, then in the evenings too. Wash your face with Lotus herbal’s jojobawash Active milli Capsules face wash before using this moisturizer for best results.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Shea butter and Strawberry extract
PRICE: Rs. 110/- for 60 ml.
The moisturizer has Shea butter and Real Strawberries as the primary ingredients.
Shea butter is a naturally extensive moisturizer. It is obtained from the nuts of karite nut trees in Africa. It may help diminish wrinkles by moisturizing the skin, promoting cell renewal, and increasing circulation. Shea butter also contains cinnamic acid, a substance that helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
Shea butter is a particularly effective moisturizer because contains so many fatty acids, which are needed to retain skin moisture and elasticity. The high fatty acid content of Shea butter also makes it an excellent additive to soap, shampoos, anti-aging creams, cosmetics, lotions, and massage oils—its soft, butter-like texture melts readily into the skin.
Strawberries are rich in AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) that tone, brighten and nourish the skin. Strawberries can be used for conditioning and toning the skin. They are rich in salicylic acid; an ingredient found in many commercial acne creams and thus is the best treatment for acne-prone skin. Strawberries help to tone the skin, lighten any pigmentation problems and keep the skin smooth and supple.
- The texture is like yoghurt. So a little pea sized amount covers the entire face and neck.
- It’s neither a lotion nor a crème. Has an in between consistency, which I love. Lotions are not enough and crèmes are too heavy in the summer.
- Has this lovely, delicious but delicate Strawberry smell which lingers on for a long time.
- It does what it says. It keeps my skin moisturized until I wash my face. (I am a compulsive face washer… I wash my face at least 3-4 times a day..)
- It gets absorbed quickly and does not look oily. Nivea crème and Garnier total comfort, though good moisturizers make my face look shiny.
- I just love the packaging. It’s convenient and hygienic.
- The tube has a flip-cap that shuts tightly. So no chance of spillage.
- The quantity is perfect. It lasts me exactly a month. So I buy this only in the summers. In winters I have to use very heavy crèmes to quench my skin.
- I have never experienced dry patches if I wear a foundation over this. And I wear Maybelline Dream Matte mousse which is pretty drying itself.
- It’s really good value for money.
- This cream may suit oily skin too, as it is quite light and does not leave an oily residue. But I have no experience on this and this is just a guess.
- It does not have SPF. Although this is something I like. For me a moisturizer should do just that: Moisturise!!! I always apply sunscreen anyway.
- It would not work at all in the winters for me. This is my summer moisturizer.
Apart from these I really can’t find any cons. I love this product as it does what it is supposed to. Nothing more… Nothing less!! 🙂
Here are some dos and don’ts about moisturizing that have always helped me-
- Always moisturize. It doesn’t get simpler than this. No matter what type of skin you have, moisturizing is a must.
- If you have a really oily skin, wash your face with an oil-free cleanser. Apply toner/astringent lotion and moisturize. Wait for 5-10 min for the moisturizer to replace your natural oils. Then pat your face with a tissue or moist cotton pad to remove excess skin oils. This way the moisturizer will hydrate your skin. Never apply moisturizer over unwashed oily skin.
- Use a lighter crème for day use and a heavier one at night.
- It’s best to apply moisturizer over ‘just washed’ skin. Gets absorbed faster and better.
- Never leave your skin thirsty for moisture. You will only accelerate the ageing process.
- Do not forget the Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing routine. Do it at least once a day.
- Do not ignore the rest of your body. Moisturize your hands and feet regularly. They show the signs of ageing first.
- Regular moisturizing is the first step towards prevention of skin ageing.