So, you have made the resolve to lose weight and you are perfectly on track. On Rati Beauty diet along with a little exercise can help you shed excess kilos in a matter of a few weeks. With Rati Beauty diet, you need not starve yourself to get lean and fit. In fact, we have come up with some food ideas that would curb your hunger without piling up calories and fat in your body. These food items will make you feel fuller and better, and the best part is that they are low in calories, so you can eat them to your heart’s liking. Also, in this post, we have listed 15 low-calorie foods that are extremely filling.
1. Greek Yogurt: Compared to regular yogurt, Greek yogurt has a thick consistency and it’s rich in protein. This probiotic mini snack can be consumed for breakfast and lunch, and even as an evening snack. You can add fresh fruits, organic honey and some nuts to take the taste to a different level altogether. You can also mix it in oats for a healthy breakfast meal. Greek yogurt is not only great for your weight, it will improve the health of your skin and hair as well.
2. Fruit smoothies: Drinking smoothies is an excellent way to stamp down hunger pangs. Smoothies can boost your energy levels, supply steady fuel to your body, and can be considered as healthy meal replacements. You can also add greens like spinach, kale, carrots, and broccoli to your smoothies to spike up the nutrition value of smoothies. Also, adding chia seeds would make it a nutritious and filling meal.
3. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is extremely nutritious and healthy, and the perfect breakfast option when you are on a diet and counting calories. Oats leaves you fuller for longer. Oatmeal is a whole grain breakfast loaded with the goodness of fiber. Not a fan of oats? You can try overnight oats with chia seeds and fruits (download and subscribe to Rati Beauty for yummy overnight oats recipes). You can also add any fruit of your choice with some artificial sweetness to enhance its taste. Oats can also kick your energy levels hence most fitness trainers recommend oat prior workout.
4. Eggs: Eggs are another food rich in nutrients. They are also packed with protein and some healthy fats. If you’re looking to shed extra weight, this food with loads of nutrients is 100% recommended. There are numerous way to cook eggs. You can try egg sandwich, sunny side, scrambled, boiled etc. either way it is very filling and healthy at the same time.
5. Quinoa: This super grain is rich in fiber, protein, and has essential amino acids and is beneficial to control blood sugar levels. Surprisingly, it contains more fiber than any other grain and is also available in gluten free version. You can eat vegetable quinoa or fruit quinoa, or try yummy quinoa recipes from the Rati Beauty app.
6. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds fall into the category of superfood in the world of diet and nutrition, and that’s why Rati Beauty weight loss programs uses these wonder seeds extensively in their diet programs.They are whole grains, an excellent source of protein, high quality fibre, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, potassium and magnesium, and iron among other nutrients. A true superfood indeed! What’s more, chia seeds are considered an excellent food option for those who are trying to lose weight. Not only do chia seeds have you covered nutritionally, the high fibre content keeps you full for long hours and helps you eat a better diet, which in turn helps with weight loss. Also, the high-protein content boosts the whole fat-burning process. With so much goodness, chia seeds seem like a must-have for people who want to and need to lose weight. In fact, read about “15 Ways to Lose Weight with Chia Seeds” in this post.
7. Paneer: It’s a good source of protein for vegetarians – cottage cheese or paneer can be used in grilled or roasted form to make any plain salad delicious. In fact, you can eat paneer in any form and it would be incredibly filling and help you with weight loss.
8. Apples: Extremely low in calories, full of nutrition and fiber, apples can be added to regular oats to make them appeal to tastebuds. It also contains pectin which is a fiber that dampens appetite.
9. Cauliflower: You would stock up on cauliflower if we told you that it has just 25 calories per 100 gm. So, just grate the cauliflower florets into rice-like consistency and make whatever you want out of it – from pulao to biryani, the options are endless.
10. Carrots with Olive Oil: As we all know, the body needs a good amount of fat to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K. Various studies have found a strong link between vitamin A and D deficiencies and weight gain. So, combining a healthy fat source such as olive oil with fat-soluble vitamins helps with better absorption and in treating such deficiencies. Cooking carrots in olive oil is one such combo where you get vitamin A and healthy fats together, and also this treat keeps you full for longer.
11. Cabbage: Cabbage is an extremely filling yet low-calorie vegetable with high fiber content, and helps you be in calorie deficit quite easily. Raw or cooked cabbage slows down the digestion process and does not cause sharp spike in insulin, resisting the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. You can add cabbage to salads or in soups to make it more appealing to the tastebuds.
12. Black Beans: Black beans are often used in Mexican food because they’re a great source of fiber and protein. Not to mention, black beans look so good together with avocados, tomatoes, and corn, and fill your stomach with nutrition.
13. Chicken: For non-vegetarians, chicken is a good source of protein. Get a good dose of protein by including shredded chicken with vegetables such as cabbage, carrot, spring onions, etc.
14. Sweet Potato: Even if you are not trying to lose weight, sweet potatoes should be part of your diet because though this vegetable has provitamin A (from beta-carotene), vitamin C and potassium among other nutrients. Sweet potato is also rich in antioxidants and may help reduce oxidative damage, lowering the risk of several diseases. Since these potatoes are low in calories, you can have them without going out of calorie deficit. Use them boiled or roasted to get a flavourful punch to salads.
15. Chickpeas: They can be categorized as highly nutritious because they are rich in vitamins and fiber. Chickpeas are also a great source of protein and dietary fiber, which are two nutrients that help with weight control. Each cup of chickpeas offers 15 grams of protein and up to 13 grams of fiber. The fiber content in chickpeas helps you to feel full for longer and keep the appetite under check. One would not feel hungry for a long time after consuming chickpeas, so there would be limited snacking, and increased chances of losing weight. A cup of chickpeas has 269 calories which is moderately high, but when mixed with low-calories vegetables, it is very filling and cut down your overall calorie intake.
Any healthy suggestions? Let us know your favourite healthy filling food below! Till then stay fit and healthy!