Low carb food is often recommended by dieticians and health experts when you ask them about weight loss. For people who are confused about various low-carb options to include in their diet, we have come up with 10 delicious low carb food items that you can add as replacement to high-carb food stuff in your diet. Having a low carb diet not only helps you shed some weight, it also has amazing health benefits. Cutting down on carbs reduces hunger pangs, which eventually leads to weight loss. According to studies, low carb diet is more beneficial over low-fat diet if you want to seriously into losing some weight. This article might just change your life! I mean your wardrobe! We are listing some deliciously healthy and low-carb food alternatives to try ASAP!
1. Sweet potato over potato: They are nutritious, healthy and delicious root vegetables that can be added to your diet. Sorry potato; your journey with me ends here! Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber, it also contains good source of carbs, protein and antioxidants. You can boil, bake or grill sweet potato. It contains around 24gm of carbohydrates whereas potatoes have 37 gm of carbs.
2. Brown Rice over White Rice: Brown rice is considered as a whole food and considered healthy as it is less processed than white rice. During the price of making brown rice, rice bran and germ is not removed, which makes it nutrient rich compared to white rice. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It is also known as a heart-friendly food because it contains certain compounds which help reduce heart-related diseases. You can consume one cup of brown rice per day without thinking twice about gaining weight.
3. Eggs over cereal: Eggs are termed as “super food” and are considered as one of the healthiest foods on the planet because they are packed with nutrients, egg contains Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B12,Vitamin B2, Phosphorus, Selenium, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, calcium and zinc. Each egg contains around 77 calories, 6gm of protein and 5 gm of healthy fats. Eating two whole boiled eggs daily can be highly beneficial for your health and maintaining weight.
4. Almond milk over regular milk: When we talk about cow/buffalo milk, it contains high calories compared to almond milk. Also, almond milk is not only low in calories and carbs, it has more nutritional value than regular milk. Almond milk is surprisingly low in calories, it also strengthens bones and helps to reduce certain heart diseases. It also has a good amount of vitamin D and is naturally rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin E. Jacqueline Fernandez recently revealed in her Instagram account that she consumes homemade almond milk for better looking skin and body!
5. Fruit smoothie over canned juice: One cup of packaged juice has roughly 132-160 calories and 32-40 carbs. Also, they come loaded with sugars and preservatives etc., which should be totally avoided if you are trying to lose weight. We recommend trying out fruit smoothie prepared at home for best results. There are so many healthy fruit smoothies to add to your breakfast, they comparatively contain low carbs, low calories and are sugar free if you use Stevia. Banana oats smoothie, chikoo+apple, mango+kiwi etc are a few good options to try!
6. Strawberry over Banana: Undoubtedly, bananas are super healthy, but they also contain a good amount of calories and carbs. An average banana contains 90 calories and 23 gm of carbohydrates. Whereas 100gm of strawberries contains 33 calories and just 8g of carbs. Also, they contains high amounts of vitamin C which acts as a skin food. If you really want to control your carbs we recommend choosing strawberry over banana.
7. Spiralized vegetables over noodles: Noodles are usually made from refined flour (maida) which is not only harmful for health, it would increase your body weight quickly. White flour is a complete “no no” when it comes to weight loss. These days, spiralized vegetables are getting quite popular. Not only they taste good but are super nutritious and weight friendly. You can use carrots, zucchini, cabbage and sweet potatoes to make sparilized noodles.
8. Regular yogurt over flavoured yogurt: One cup of flavoured yogurt contains 200 calories and has 40g of carbs. This is just like eating a dessert or ice cream. It will only harm than doing good. In place of flavored yogurt, consider a cup of homemade fresh yogurt with no sugar. It contains 150 calories and 11g of carbs. It promotes bone health, aids digestion. Also, it contains probiotics which keeps intestine healthy. Also, our grannies always believed that one cup yogurt daily can improve skin and hair quality!
Let us know your favourite low carb replacement in the comment below! Eat healthy; stay healthy!