After a really good experience with Angel’s Delight and Snow Cake from Lush, I wanted another moisturizing soap. The US site had a lot of praises for Sultana of Skin, but at the store, I took a greater liking to “Figs and Leaves” soap (FALS). So, I purchased this one. Here’s the review for Lush Figs and Leaves Soap (FALS).
It is of beige shade and it has a few dark brown leaves on the top. The soap contains many tiny dark brown fig seeds, which act as light exfoliators.
The leaves on the soap:
I had really loved the moisturizing Snowcake, but I have kindly moved over to FALS. Figs and Leaves smells much better, looks like “light coffee” and “Oh My God!” the very creamy texture which I really liked. The SA had told me that FALS is an exfoliating soap because of the seeds which does not make it an ideal winter soap. I still took the risk of buying this exfoliating soap only because of the soft texture of this product and what a winter winner it turns out to be :woot: . Also, I think this will be a good summer soap too because of its exfoliating properties, which depends on the pressure you put.
When I use this after a hard and sweaty workout, its a thorough cleanser. The seeds provide this tingly blood flow sensation, a relaxing sensation after a workout. Even after a workout and bath, I am able to delay the need for moisturization, but I am not able to skip it. I hope this will be a “skip moisturization” soap for the summers (fingers crossed 😛 ).
At one stage of usage, the seeds will be popping right at you while the creamy soap layer will be slightly less. This is the best time to use it on those hard spots like elbows and knees. Its wonderful on these areas along with giving you an “acupressure” feel.
At the next stage of the soap where there are too many seeds and pretty much no creamy soap, I used to remove the seeds and throw them away, but I realised that all those seeds are good in softening those heels. So, no more throwing away seeds for me, but I think, this “stage of the soap” might not suit sensitive skin at all. Be careful at this stage, you don’t want scratches.
Fig Decoction (Ficus carica),Water (Aqua),Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis),Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, *Benzyl Benzoate,*Linalool.
Rs. 310 for 100 gms.
To sum it up, here’s it report card :toothygrin: :
Positives of Lush Figs and Leaves Soap:
- Moisturizing and relaxing soap, moisturises enough as a soap to not dry out skin and gives no stretchy feeling. After bath, moisturization can also be delayed (but that cannot be skipped).
- Contains moisturising ingredients like Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera.
- The fig seeds are excellent at exfoliation and you can choose to mildly exfoliate with less pressure getting a relaxing acupressure like feeling and exfoliate more with more pressure.
- Smells odd but pleasant, coconut’s smell is mild (I can’t take too much of it) with a hint of citrus scent.
- Creamy texture, makes skin so soft.
- I have an oily face, but in winter, it behaves like my body which has dry and flaky skin. It has been safe on the face and it has reduced the scratchy and flaky winter skin.
Negatives of Lush Figs and Leaves Soap:
- Price, especially since it gets used up real quick.
- Does not lather much, decent enough. This one is not exactly a con for me, I like the creamy spread, but some might like it to lather.
- This is a Lush product. So, handle it with care or it will melt away.
- It has a lot of exfoliating seeds and it may not suit sensitive skin.
4 /5, mainly because this is a superb exfoliating winter soap that has helped me in getting rid of the dryness caused by winter. Deducted points for price and for too many seeds clubbed at many places on the soap.
Will I Repurchase Lush Figs and Leaves Soap?
Yes, most surely.
Lush Snowcake Soap
Lush Angel’s Delight Soap
LUSH Vanishing Cream
Lush Tea Tree Water
Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
Lush Sympathy For Skin Body Lotion
Lush Smitten Hand Cream
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Body Butter: Lush Body Butters
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner