Lush Sugar Scrub Review
Today, I am going to review an interesting product from LUSH, the “Sugar Scrub” body scrub. As the name suggests, it is mainly made of fine sugar granules. I was eyeing this for quite some time as the SA told me that it helps reduce cellulite under the skin. I finally picked it up on one fine day. Let’s see how this product works for me.
INR 350 for 1 piece.
About the Product:
Our Sugar Scrub is hard, but a bit of a sweetie. Its no nonsense stance stimulates activity and tackles cellulite with fennel and ginger. Skin calming lavender has a balancing effect. Get yourself wet in the shower or bath, but don’t let the bar get under the running water or it’ll be lost before it can prove itself. Scrub, scrub, scrub and rinse away. It doesn’t waste any time getting down to business.
My Experience with Lush Sugar Scrub:
When I buy any new kind of Lush product, I always search the internet for tips on how to use it. There will be lots of ideas out there. Like how to make their soaps last long or how to store their product etc., etc.
I did the same thing when I got this Sugar Scrub, but the SA there had stuck a label with a wrong name “Sugar Babe” body scrub. When I searched for Lush “Sugar Babe,” the images I saw was something like white in color, but the one I got was green. I was confused and then came to know that Lush have something called “Sugar Babe” as well, but it is not listed in Lush India website.
This one is a dome-shaped hard mass and is green in color. It smells very pleasant like a mixture of aroma oil. Lush products “usually” don’t disappoint with the way they smell at least.
Many people on internet have suggested breaking it into pieces and some suggested crushing it into granules. I broke the whole thing into two, with one part made smaller chunks and with the other half made into granules.
Few points to note in using “Sugar Srucb”:
- Working with the smaller chunk was a bit of headache. As I rub the smaller chunk on to my skin, it broke into pieces and fell on the bathroom floor. So, product goes waste that way.
- I tried directly rubbing bigger chunk on to the skin as well, but the bigger chunk when stored after usage, melts before we could complete it.
- Granules worked better for me. Wet the body, take a little product on hand and apply only on arms and scrub it until the sugar granule melts. Then, move on to the next area. If we apply on whole body and then start scrubbing, it will melt before we start scrubbing.
- Store it separately, preferably in a zip lock pouch, to protect it from external moisture.
This one lathers very mildly. So, it will take care of cleaning part as well. One thing I noticed with this scrub is that, even if I don’t scrub enough, the skin feels instantly smooth due to the oil content in it. In the picture below, you can see the oil sheen on my hand.
I used it for 5-6 times and half the scrub is left. So, I guess would come for a 10-time use (I use it for my full arms and legs only).
What Do I Like About “Sugar Scrub” :
- Does makes skin softer.
- Mild aroma wakes up the senses.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin too much.
- Price is okay being a “Lush” product.
What I Hate About Lush “Sugar Scrub”:
- Using it can become messy.
- Need to be stored properly, else will melt easily and become a gooey mass with just one drop of water.
- Just with a few rubs, the sugar granule melts. So, need to use more product to scrub properly.
- Might scratch the skin (once I rubbed with more pressure and found hairline scratch on my arm).
- I guess I have to use for a longer time to get it work on the cellulites.
If you are a person who fancies about using Lush product, you can sure give this a try, but if you are a DIY person, you can very well make a sugar scrub at home, which will gave almost same effect :toothygrin:
Now, comes the tricky part. Hmmmm, I would like to give it a 3.25/5 :))
Lush Snowcake Soap
Lush Angel’s Delight Soap
LUSH Vanishing Cream
Tea Tree Water
I Love Juicy Shampoo
Sympathy For Skin Body Lotion
Lush Smitten Hand Cream
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Body Butter: Lush Body Butters
NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner
Colour Supplement Review and Experiment
Must Have Products from Lush
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Brazened Honey Mask
Aqua Marina Cleanser
Hottie Massage Bar
Angels on the Bare Skin & Eau Roma Water
H2O Sea Marine Triple Butter Sugar Scrub
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Lush BubbleGum Lip Scrub
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Body Scrub
Margosa Holy Basil Body Scrub Soap
Margosa Holy Basil Body ScrubSoap
Skin Polishing at Home: BodyScrub
The Body Shop Passion Fruit BodyScrub
The Body Shop Jolly Orange BodyScrub
Victoria’s Secret Strawberry & Champagne Stimulating Body Scrub