An Introduction to MAC Blushes + MAC Coppertone Blush Review
I went MAC blush shopping with a few friends the other day. One my friends “R” wanted blush, foundation and a whole lot of make-up basics. We hit MAC first and foremost where she picked up Studio Tech. When we asked for blushes, the MUA suggested peaches but we all thought it looked too muddy on her. Another friend suggested we try drugstore brands because its fun to play around with blushes so why bother with such a mid-high end brand like MAC. Unfortunately all drugstore brands were selling only shimmer bronzers (summer here) and we couldn’t find a single pink toned blush that wasn’t shimmer. We ran back to MAC, only this time we tried some amazing pinky shades and my friend finally picked up the shade fleur power. Now unfortunately this is not a review for fleur power 😛
Right so my point was that it doesn’t always make sense to spend so much money on a high end blush. Especially since you get some really amazing blushes for a whole lot less. But there are a few things a high end blush can give you that a drugstore brand can’t. The first being a wider shade selection, especially with MAC. The second being a variety of finishes, the availability of which will not change with the seasons. MAC actually has blushes with 5 different finishes available at all times, Frost, Satin, Sheertone ( which goes on sheer), and Sheertone shimmer ( I think the names are pretty self explanatory no?)
There is one more shade but I just liked how perfect this grid looked 😛 So out of all the 36 shades, most of which are available all year round, you should probably find something to suit just about every skin tone.
The Blush I am going to murder today is one that Rati swatched a few months ago – MAC Coppertone. If you’ve read some earlier articles on IMBB, this is the shade Vimi Joshi mentions as one of the must have blushes for Indian skin tones. Mickey Contractor mentions another shade called Gingerly. I’ve used both blushes, while Coppertone is a matte blush, Gingerly is a Sheertone blush and I’ve used both and I find both shades to be more or less the same, only Coppertone is stronger and Gingerly goes on a bit a sheer. But that’s my experience…. So take it with a pinch of salt guys 😀
As you can see that MAC Coppertone on the website looks remarkably different from the actual product. Now this is a fairly dark shade, I picked it up when I was a MAC NC42. Now I am an NC 35 and for a while I was having a bit of trouble with this blush as it made my skin look a bit muddy, so I started contouring with it instead. I’ve tanned a lil bit over the past week, not enough to change my foundation shade but enough to lose the pale whiteness so when I put the blush on today, this worked like a dream 😀
This is a swatch of the Coppertone blush, It’s a lovely peachy brown color that really would suit Indian skin, especially those on the medium to darker side ….
The second picture isn’t me but my scary zombie alter ego. The blush was showing up way more better on her cheeks so I had to use her picture. Please do not get confused, that person is not me.
- Coppertone gives that beautiful blushy glow that looks totally natural without looking OTT. Then of course there is the beautiful matte finish which makes it the perfect daily wear/office blush.
- I have acne prone oily skin and this has never made me break out so yay 😀
- I love the color, I love the matte finish.
- The only times Coppertone blush has failed me is when I lost my tan but that my fault, can’t blame the blush for that.
- Of course we always come down to big Issue – the price. So this time all I am going to say is – If it is in your budget, please do give it a look at the very least, the shade and consistency is to die for. If this isn’t in your budget then no biggie, the world of blushes is not limited to one company, and don’t we all know it ! 😀
Will I re-purchase MAC Coppertone Blush? Definitely (if I ever end up finishing this pan)
Have you used MAC Coppertone Blush? Please rate in the box below.
Further readings :
- MAC To The Beach Hipness Blush
- NARS Orgasm Blush Dupe Is…
- Pink Blush? MAC In the Groove Hang Loose Mineralize Blush Review