MAC Cream Colour Base Madly Magenta Review, FOTD, Swatch – MAC Stylishly Yours Collection
Claims : Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. (The following shades are not recommended for use in lip area: Fawntastic and Black. The following shades are not recommended for use in the eye area: Fabulush and Improper Copper.)
Price : Rs 1000
Madly Magenta would be launching with MAC Stylishly Yours Collection. Madly Magentais a “madly pigmented” deep purplish fuchsia colour . It does not have any shimmer. The shade would work for all skin tones. You can use it as sheer (ly) if you want and can totally build up the intensity of the colour.
What I like about MAC Madly Magenta Cream Colour Base :
- It is incredibly pigmented. You can easily go wrong with it but once you get hold of it you’ll it love for what it is.
- It is a versatile product. You can use it both on cheeks and eyes. I have tried using it on eye lids but it creases even with a primer. It works well if I also apply powder eyeshadow on top of it but that would be too much of a task , plus it is too bright a colour to be used on eyes.
- I looovee the staying power of this product. On Cheeks : It lasts all day on my cheeks even in this hot weather without moving or making my skin look oily or clogging my pores. After applying my sunscreen, I apply it directly on my cheeks and just dust some loose powder or compact powder. I am sorted for the day. You can even use it as a blush base for sooper dooper long stay. On lips : It lasts on my lips even after I eat a toast laden with butter or slurp a saucy pasta. It stays. The staying power I would say would be around 4 hours but it may increase or decrease depending on what you eat and how much you lick your lips. It does not settle in fine lines. Also, it doesn’t feel too drying or uncomfortable on lips.
- I love the sheer dewy effect it gives on cheeks.
- The texture is semi gel, semi cream so it would work on most skin types. However, I would suggest the use of primer to those with oily skin.
- A little goes a long way.
- It blends easy and smooth.
What I don’t like about MAC Cream Colour Base Madly Magenta
- I use my fingers to blend the colour and it stains my fingers. A big con for me because I work on a white laptop. 😐 Also, I suggest that if you are using a brush to apply madly magenta, clean your brush instantly with a brush cleanser.
- It is highly pigmented so you have to be extra careful with the amount of product you use. You can easily end up looking like a clown.
- Although it feels quite comfortable on lips but my lips start feeling dry after a few hours.
I use Q tip to pick up the product. And I apply it as a blush the same way I apply my cream blushes. You may check out the tutorial on “How to apply cream blush” HERE
Hand Swatch (blended and unblended)
I would definitely recommend you check this out. It gives a gorgeous dewy glow to the cheeks. Great for both day and night time. Great for office or parties. However, those who picked MAC Brair Rose Beauty Powder from the Venomous Villain Collection should skip it. Both of them give quite a similar effect on cheeks. This is in cream form and beauty powder is in powder form.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-* + 0.75
Also Read :
MAC Cream Colour Base Improper Copper Review, Swatch, FOTD
MAC Cream Colour Base HUSH- Review
NYX Rouge Cream Blush
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
How To Apply Cream Blush
MAC Zoom Lash Mascara New Hue Review, Swatches
MAC Stylishly Yours Collection India Launch
product sent by brand for consideration.