Ah the good old obsession with lipsticks! How can I help it. A woman can never have to many lip products. Can she? I mean if I dig in my bag right now I will come out with atleast 3 lip balms and 2 lipsticks. lol
But today I would be reviewing a lipstick, which does not belong to me but my mum.
Here is a little description of MAC Diva Lipstick
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
It is a intense reddish-burgundy with a matte finish in standard mac packaging case of 3g
Mac offers lipsticks in a number of finishes i.e amplified,amplified creme,cremesheen,dazzle,frost,glaze,lustre,matte and satin.
The other reds to try bestsellers from mac are russian red,mac red and ruby woo.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
But to my mum this is her red best. 🙂
Since the time we are born red or maroon or burgundy are the shades we often , I’dsay the most often see on woman in India.Our mothers make it their most worn lipstick regardless. With my mum atleast, this is the case.She has been and will wear deep reds or maroon lipsticks.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Mac diva is one such colour I have found which will be great on all skin tones.
I am an nc42(atleast in summers, I was) and you will see in the below given pictures how MAC Diva lipstick looks on my lips.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Pros of MAC Diva Lipstick
- Beautiful burgundy! I would not actually call it a red but more to the maroonish burgundy family
- You can see the difference in one of the pictures in which I am wearing a red colour on my nails and the diva swatch
- For matte lovers this is very matte.No shine at all
- It is an understated sort of burgandy . This lipstick is something that i would wear with a little black dress to a party.
- Although it’s a matte lipstick but it is not very drying. But I do put on a balm under it when I wear it(very very rare)
- Got the standard faint mac vanilla smell
- 3g is a good quantity
- I personally like the mac packaging. Classy.
CONS of MAC Diva Lipstick
- Umm..The price. Had it not been for my mum, I would have never brought this expensive lipstick.I think this is the one and only mac lipstick(me and my mum)we jointly own.
- Matte can be very drying sometimes.
- The stay power is around 4 hours, without eating.
- It retails for about 15 USD and about Rs 900 or so in India which is a tad bit too much for a lipstick but again it is MAC
I am going to end this review with these lines which I love and follow :
“You see things; and you say, “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say, “Why not?” George Bernard Shaw
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Have you tried MAC Diva Lipstick? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection Lipstick Photos, Swatches
- MAC Midi Mauve Lipstick Review, Swatches, FOTD
- MAC Cosmo Lipstick Review, Swatches, FOTD
- Red Lipstick: MAC Chili Review
- MAC Power Point Pencil “Engraved” and MAC Creemsheen Lipstick Review
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne