I always wanted to buy a MAC Paint Pot for myself and I was eyeing some neutral shades like the Groundwork or Painterly. When I went to the MAC store, I was surprised to see that they hardly had any paint pots with them! This bad stock story just did not stop with the paint pots but with their fluid lines and mascaras as well! I thought I should check out the other store in Chennai as well. That is when I remembered my Paint Pot in Fresco Rose.
I got the MAC Paint Pot in Fresco Rose with the MAC Tartan Tale “My Scottish Fling” kit. It is an awesome kit and this is a good color to have too. The paint pot is really creamy. The color is pure matte light pink color. The color is too light and I was not very sure whether it will show up on my lids, but to my surprise it did. I was super happy. Mine is an NC40 –NC42 skin tone and I think this will show well on almost all skin tones.
I use this as a base for my pink, peach and purple eyeshadows and the color becomes more bright and vibrant. Since this is in the cream form, it is better to blend as soon as you apply on your lids, else it dries and becomes very difficult to blend. It does not crease or cake on the lids. Though my lids are not very oily, I am sure this will last long, almost for an entire day. Until I remove this with a makeup remover, it doesn’t fade or come off.
Pros of MAC Fresco Rose Paint Pot:
- Works as a great base.
- Color shows very well almost on all skin tones in spite of the color being a very light pink.
- Does not crease.
- Stays forever. Do we need it for more than 24 hours, I don’t think so. I have tried for an entire day and it just stayed in place through the day!!
- A small amount is enough and this paint pot will last me for my lifetime I guess. The only reason I would change it might be if it crosses its expiry period.
Cons of MAC Fresco Rose Paint Pot:
- I blend this with my fingers, but still I prefer a brush than my fingers. This does not come with any applicator.
- You have to apply this very quickly, else it becomes difficult to blend.
- I prefer to have neutral shades than this pink one as I can use it for various purposes (concealing, etc)., so I think the pink version of the paint pot is not a must-have.
- Availability is bad in Chennai.
Would I Repurchase MAC Fresco Rose Paint Pot?
No, definitely not. This one will last long enough for me. I wish to try their neutral shades like the Painterly and Groundwork which can become a multipurpose cream base. Unless you are a “pink” lover who mostly uses pink eyeshadows and pink color in your makeup, you can easily skip this, but basically, the paint pot is such a great product of MAC that I think you should own at least one.
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
MAC Groundwork Paint Pot
MAC Paint Pot : Rubenesque, Delft
MAC Cham Pale Paint Pot, Eye Shadow Quad
MAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre
MAC Digi Dazzle Collection – MAC Dazzle Lipstick – India Launch
MAC Surf Baby Lipstick, Lipglass Photos, Swatches
MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
MAC Diva Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches