MAC Golden Lariat Mineralize Skinfinish Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Defines the 3 shades in Golden lariat as “true coral with fine gold shimmer/Soft suntanned bronze/Soft gold with fine shimmer”
This mineralize skinfinish is divided in 3 parts – blush, bronzer and highlighter. The blush is a coraly bronzy shade with soft golden shimmer to it. The bronzer is medium almost matte brown shade and the highlighter is yellowish gold with very fine golden shimmer.
to start with, I loovee this product.
- The highlighter is amazingly natural and not chunky at all. It very much looks like apart of your skin and you can even wear it during the day. Use it on the inner corner of your eyes and it looks beautiful.
- The bronzer is medium brown shade and super finely milled. It’s not muddy or chalky at all. It also has soft sheen to it that give a little glow to your skin. In one swipe it goes soft and you can totally build up the intensity depending on your preference. Best, it does not turn orange.
- The blush, is my least fav among the three. I somehow feel that this alone works better than when used with the bronzer and highlighter. I feel it looks a little OTT that ways and it gets too much bronze and brown on skin. When worn alone, it looks pretty and you don’t need a separate highlighter to go with this.
- This skinfinish would work on most Indian skin tones. for fairer skin tones I would say that it would be a little overwhelming but for medium to darker skin tones, this is something to look out for.
- It would last your forever
- The staying power is pretty good. it lasts almost all day on my face.
- The quantity is HUGE. It is the exact double of your regular skinfinish. Check photo below.
This is the size difference between MAC Wonder Woman Skinfinish (20 gm) and the regular Mineralize Skinfinish (10 gm)
Some Cons :
- I use the bronzer with my blush brush and I have to press the end of my brush bristles to pick up the product. Now that I have got used to it I am quite comfortable using it. It was a little difficult to use initially.
- Since it’s huge, it’s not convenient to carry around.
Ans this is how it looks on me.
I have not used the blush here, just the bronzer and the highlighter softly for daytime.
Overall, I would say that is a fantastic product from every aspect. A lot of MAC makeup artists use a darker shade of MAC Mineralzie skinfinish on models because MSFs have a little sheen that make the cheeks glow. It would work on medium to dark skintones because the colours are quite buildable . If you already have a bronzer and highlighter in your stash, skip this one. But if you don’t , check this out. 🙂
I would pretty much keep it at par with my Chanel Bronzing Powder.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
I would update the price when MAC Wonder Woman Collection launches – most prob this month only. 🙂 Although my guess is that it would be around Rs 1700-1800 here.
Also Read :
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Dark Review
MAC in the Groove Collection Mineralize Blush, Skinfinish, Eyeshadow Swatches &Photos
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation Review
How to Apply Cream Foundation : MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation Review