MAC Paint Pot Painterly : A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
Price : Rs 1050 (Indian Rupees)
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Shades Available: 8
- Bare Study- Soft beige with gold pearl (Frost)
- Soft Ochre- Yellow beige (Cream)
- Painterly– Nude beige (Cream)
- Rubenesque-Golden peach w/gold pearl (Frost)
- Quite Natural- Dirty chocolate brown (Cream)
- Constructivist – Metallic brown w/red pearl (Frost)
- Groundwork : Mid-tone neutral taupe (Satin)
- Indianwood : Metallic antique bronze (Frost)
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Personally I wanted a cream colour base because I was looking for an eyeshadow primer than cream eyeshadow per se. Among the shades I had painterly and soft ochre in mind. Painterly has a pink undertone while soft ochre has a yellow undertone. Also painterly comes as a lighter base than soft ochre. Generally people suggest that you must choose a paint pot that is closest to your skin tone. Well!! painterly is no where close to my skin tone but I chose it because it is a light shade and I can use just any colour shadow on top of it. However, I would be giving soft ochre a shot after this. 🙂
What I love about MAC Painterly Paint Pot:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
- It is creamy and slides on your lids easily.
- It makes an excellent primer for your eye shadows. The colours come out more intense with painterly as a base.
- It does not crease and it does not cake.
- My eye shadows last long for the entire day when applied on top of painterly.
- Even if you have oily lids, MAC Paint pots work as an excellent primer for your eye shadows. Paint Pot is a cream based product and it dries out to a beautiful matte finish within seconds of applying it.
- Even during these harsh summer months when my lids tend to get a little oily, it is showing an excellent performance. I apply painterly all over my lid, then I give a wash of soft brown colour from Maybelline Chai Latte Quad all over the lids and then apply a waterproof liner and mascara. I am good to go without any worry of my liner running or shadow fading.
- I even apply it on my lower lash line when I am doing a smokey look. No complaints at all.
- I apply it with my ring finger but you may also use a synthetic brush for it.
- The product is good enough to last you good 6-7 months if you use it every single day.
- You may use painterly to cover your blemishes as well. 😛 Just apply it on your blemishes and then apply foundation (preferably mineral). You would be surprised how it it vanishes your blemishes. 🙂
Following is a swatch of eyeshadow with and without MAC Paint pot base. The one with a base comes out more intense.
What I don’t love about MAC Painterly Paint Pot?
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- The paint pot does not come with a brush or a spatula. I generally don’t like to dip my finger in the pot so I use an ice cream spoon (Thank you , Poornima. :)) or a clean brush.
- Since the texture is quite creamy, it sticks to the brush bristles so you to clean your brush after every use. I prefer using my ring finger.
- It dries out quickly so you have to be quick with your blending. It does not blend once it sets on your eyes.
- Expensive but worth every penny. Inf act I would not want to exchange it for any other eyeshadow primer. 🙂 Love every bit of it. :inlove:
- I wouldn’t be able to finish up all of it within an year. 🙁 I hope MAC retails its paint pots in smaller tubs as well.
Have you tried any MAC Painterly paint pot ?
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India