WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MAC LIPSTICK ‘PARTY PARROT’ FROM IRIS APFEL COLLECTION – REVIEW, PHOTOS, SWATCHES
‘A colour collection inspired by a rare bird who has always been ahead of her time, Mrs. Iris Apfel. Subject of her own exhibit at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art and larger-than-life star, Apfel boldly mixed flea market finds with haute couture decades before doing it was considered de rigueur. M·A·C presents Lipsticks, Beauty Powder and Eye Shadows with as much fabulous flair and joie de vivre as the woman who helped create it.’
• Pink Pigeon – Bright cleanest pink (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Scarlet Ibis – Bright orange-red (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Party Parrot – Bright red-pink (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Flamingo – Light milky bright coral (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
• Morange – Loudmouth orange (Permanent)
• Entertain Me – Clearly orange (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
• Embrace Me – Vivid pinkish fuchsia (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
• Redd – Red
Too Chic – Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
• Silver Gull – Blue-gray with sparkle (Velvet) (Limited Edition)
• Robins Egg – Mid-tone teal (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Diamond Dove – Deep gray-brown (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Early Bird – Bright coral (Matte) (Limited Edition)
• Howzat – Deep gray with silver sparkle (Satin) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
• Oriele – Orange Bright orange coral (Limited Edition)
• Toco Toucan – Bright blue-fuchsia (Limited Edition)
• Sandpiper – Creamy pale stone beige (Limited Edition)
By now most of you or, rather, all of you, must be knowing how I love bright lipstick shades. As soon as I saw this MAC Iris Apfel collection online when it was launched (on the MAC website), I had already mentally decided that I would love to choose 2 shades from this collection whenever it was launched here. The 2 shades I had chosen were (in order of preference) – Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot. However, sadly, Pink Pigeon was not received by MAC in my city so I got myself Party Parrot.
Three or four lipsticks in this collection come in matte finish. This means strong, vibrant, opaque colour in just one swipe. Party Parrot would be described by me as a perfect union between red-pink, a bright neon kind of bold reddish-pink.
Party Parrot comes across as an extremely ‘shocking’ shade, and what I mean to say is that the rest of the face makeup should be completely ‘barely-there’, maybe even skipping blush. A wash of beigey-nude eyeshadow on the lids, a thin line of black eyeliner on the upper eyelids (optional), no highlighter, a bit of kohl pencil on the lower waterline, and dark carbon-black mascara would be enough to complete your look, as the lipstick speaks oodles for itself and stands apart completely!
See the swatches :
(Please do excuse the bad-looking skin – I used a powder foundation which had oxidized and also became terribly cakey due to the high humidity here! I should have used a primer first, but forgot.)
Price of this lipstick is Rs. 990. Packaging is the usual black tube with inner silver twist-up portion and vanilla scent, which doesn’t bother you as it disappears after application. The lipstick leaves a deep red stain on the lips even after 6/7 hours of wearing time, and definitely needs a good makeup-remover to take it off. If you have chapped or dry lips, I would advise you to apply a clear lip balm 5 minutes before you apply these intense bright matte shades from MAC.
I was really disappointed when I didn’t get ‘Pink Pigeon’ but, hey, I just remembered that I might have a very close dupe for Pink Pigeon, which should be arriving in the post in a day or two, so stay tuned!
What I liked about MAC lipstick ‘Party Parrot’ :
• Completely rich, opaque colour pay-off with just one swipe.
• A really unique colour in itself, something quite uncommon.
• You get a really long wearing time due to its intensity and brightness.
What I didn’t like about MAC lipstick ‘Party Parrot’ :
• I don’t have any negatives to contribute, except that some may find the colour too shocking and garish, but it’s all a matter of personal choice.
Rating : 5 on 5.
Final Words : If you love shocking bright neon shades, then you should definitely check out this collection from MAC. (They are at least worth swatching at the store, but do take your sunglasses along!)
MAC Cosmo Lipstick Review, Swatches, FOTD
MAC Diva Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Midi Mauve Lipstick Review, Swatches, FOTD
Red Lipstick: MAC Chili
Power Point Pencil “Engraved” and MAC Creemsheen Lipstick
Jubilee Lipstick Review