This review has been long due, and its my first on IMBB. I’ve been following IMBB for a long time now and gotta thank all you guys for sharing your opinions and making IMBB a fun blog.
I know many people are intrigued by the idea of primers. I tried face primers because I have visible pores and I don’t use foundation much because most foundations make me look ashy or cakey. Let me start by telling you guys that I’ve a weird combination skin with oily T-zone and the rest of my face has a mind of its own. I substitute foundation with my Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 matte look daily sunblock (SPF 40) which is my HG sunblock. In the very beginning I wasn’t a big fan of Mac Prep n Prime skin base visage , because it doesnt mattify, but during the cold winter here in Sweden I fell in love with it (YAY! for all the money spent on it). I have only tried one other primer which is Lumene beauty base Matiyfying Primer (cheaper but not as good as Mac Prep and Prime).
Mac Website says:
“An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.”
Price: Mac Prep and Prime retails for $26 on their website (I don’t recall exactly how much I paid for it but it was around 300SEK which will be around $40 :().
Packaging: You get 30ml of the product and it comes with a pump which doesn’t dispense excessive product.
Product: The consistency is creamy and not runny like a lotion. The texture is soft and blends well and since its silicon based it makes application of foundation much easier and very even. MAC Prep and Prime is shimmery when you pump it out but won’t show up on your face.
With just one pump.
Application: I use only one pump of MAC prep and prime and apply it using my fingers. I tend to wait around 2-3 minutes to let it sink in, before applying anything else like foundation or sunscreen.
Pros of MAC prep and Prime Skin Base Visage:
- No new break outs because of using Mac Prep and Prime
- Foundation goes on evenly and smoothly.
- My make up lasts longer and doesnt get uneven as time passes by.
- You only need a tiny amount.
- Comes with a pump, hygienic!.
- Doesn’t have a strong or disturbing fragrance.
Cons of MAC prep and Prime Skin Base Visage:
- Doesnt mattify well. It tends to give a dewy look if you use a heavy hand with application.
- Doesn’t do anything for my pores.
- The price.( $26 still sounds better than $40+ though.)
- No SPF!. There is another version “MAC – Prep and Prime Face Protect SPF 50” ,but its supposed to have different texture and consistency. I don’t mind this flaw since I always use sunscreen.
- I’ll most probably buy this again if I stay in a cold place like Sweden, but not when I’m living in a hot and humid climate.
My rating: :-* :-*:-*+1/2 would’ve been 4 if I’d bought it for $26 instead of $40+ 🙁
After reading Tatjana post on the P2 crankling nailpolishes I finally gave in and bought the Isadora’s graffiti nail top and even though they are expensive ( 6.9 euros) I am truly loving these, it takes only 10-20 seconds for it to finish cracking up, now I can happily sport some of the nail polishes I wouldn’t wear alone. I got the black one and the green one. Just wanted to share the picture with you all:
(I applied Isadora’s perfect nail polish in “lime” as the base and used the graffiti polish in “black” on top)
Have you tried MAC Prep and Prime? Please Rate in the box below.
Also Read :
MAC Prep For Colour Collection Launched in India
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder Review
How to Make Skin Glow: Ask IMBB
NYX Eyeshadow Base – Skin Tone Review, LOTD
MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base Review