This was one of my MAC purchases before my wedding. I always look out for products that are really waterproof. I am not a big fan of lipsticks but mad about glosses because of the light texture and the natural look it gives to the lips. I always prefer lipglosses for work. So asked the MUA to show me a waterproof lipgloss. I tried this and liked it very much. It is from the MAC Pro longwear range. It is called the Pro longwear lipcolour. I bought the shade Passion preserved.
About the collection
They are being reintroduced in the new Tabloid Beauty collection, but these are not limited edition lipcolours, they are part of the permanent collection. Tabloid Beauty merely wants to put a spotlight on these longwear lippies in order to remind people of what it could do. MAC claims that it is “non-transfer fixed, with no feathering for a full 8 hour day”.
About the product:
A longwearing lip colour that applies in two quick steps. Stroke on the special formulated colour base. Flip the stick, and apply the clear gloss. Soft and comfortable on Kiss, drink, eat. Smudge, run, transfer and feather-proof. Pro Longwear Lipcolour is best removed with Cleanse Off Oil.
There are 10 shades and are listed below
• Durashell is a milky pink with a golden, frosty sheen.
• Clingpeach is a peach shimmered coral.
• Unchanging is a pinky-nude with icy pink shimmer that looks pretty creamy once applied.
• For Keeps is a reddened berry with multicolored shimmer..
• Loyal is a milky-looking browned nude with no real shimmer.
• Stuck on You is a beautiful shade of berry-red with a gilded gold sheen.
• Passion Preserved is a brownish red with a little plum thrown in. It has a very creamy, opaque look when applied.
• Lasting Lust is a retina-burning creamy red
• Perennial Rose is a subdued, rosy red with golden shimmer. This has a shimmer, frost feel in the finish, but it still goes on opaque.
• Commitment is a reddened brown with gold shimmer.
My Experience with MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour in Passion Preserved
I apply lip balm first, then little bit of this lipcolour as too much of it would be drying. I let it dry for 1 minute and then apply the mirror shine coat on top. This settles the lipcolour and also provides instant shine. Makes the color stay longer.However the topcoat fades away in sometime and you need to keep applying it whenever the lips are dry. The Pro Longwear Lipcolour really does what it claims to do, it has unbelievably long staying power. You need an oil-based cleanser to clean this off your skin. I like the concept very much and very satisfied with the results it gives. But the price is too high for a lipcolour. I mean I can get a pro longwear foundation for Rs.1700 that would last me about 2 years. Spending Rs.1400 on a lipcolour is too much for me. Apart from the price factor, I do not have any complaints. It does not get transferred to clothes or cups. The shades are amazing.
Pros of MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour in Passion Preserved
3.10 shades,all of them beautiful
Cons of MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour in Passion Preserved
1.Can be a bit drying after sometime but that is one thing we have to compromise if we need it to be waterproof
2.Removal is a bit difficult
My rating: 3/5
It is a decent lipcolour for those who are on the look out for a longwearing lipgloss.But I don’t think I would repurchase as it is very expensive
MAC Pro Longwear LipCreme Prolong
MAC Pro Longwear LipCreme Love Forever, Prolong
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Clinique High Impact LipColour Rosette
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine LipColor
L’Oreal Colour Riche Stars Lipcolour Lipstick