MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder Review
During my wedding preparations last December I wanted to get rid of all the old make up stuff I had with me and get a new set for myself. No one could blame me then and now I repent that I didn’t shop much as that is the only time any one can shop without guilt. I visited the MAC store and I just asked them to show me all basic make up products that anyone would need. Since I always prefer simple make up I feared whether they’ll end up showing very colorful products if at all I mention it was for my wedding.
That is when I got this sheer/pressed powder for myself and I am happy with it. I didn’t get time to try other pressed/loose powders but I don’t repent for it now. I am glad that I got one and it goes well with my studio fix fluid foundation.
What does MAC say about the Select Sheer Pressed powder?
Micro-fine, sheer and silky. Pressed for portability. Goes on lightly. Won’t shift your shade or leave its mark. Lets skin’s natural vitality and freshness glow through. Comes with its own suede-finish sponge. Blurs lines. Makes skin look flawless.
I got this in NC 40 for my skin tone and for the price of Rs.1250
This suits me well and gives me a fresh and elegant look. I first tried it on top of my moisturizer and it was good then. When I really had to rush I just swiped it on my face and even that ways it was not bad. When I had the time for myself I tried it upon the foundation and it showed its best. Everyone could notice the difference in my face and I was very happy that I got it.
What I like about MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder?
- It is very light on my skin and once I apply I can feel its presence for an hour max but after that it slowly blends well with my skin and gives a completely natural and simple look, the one I prefer.
- As the name suggests it is sheer and hence does what it claims.
- Does a neat and minimal coverage. I won’t say it will cover blemishes but definitely fine lines and small flaws in the skin.
- It is very light and powdery. Powder has very fine granules and it does not give a powdery look.
- Does not clog my pores and also does not give a cakey look at all.
- Packaging is good with a reasonable sized mirror to apply the powder along with a puff applicator.
- Availability in numerous shades to suit a wide range of skin tones. This shade suits me the best that I didn’t even wanted to try a shade lighter or brighter than this.
- Compact and easy to carry.
- Does not get messy in spite of carrying it with me always.
- It works well alone (without any base) or just with a moisturizer or even with a foundation. The only difference will be the brightness but in all ways it looks really neat.
- I need not apply it again and again as it lasts long. I just touch up once more in the afternoon while worn for an entire day.
- Skin is smooth and looks even and it has never given me any breakouts.
- It also gives a silky smooth effect when my skin is very oily. So I need not worry about the climate outside and it suits me the best in all seasons!!!!! When my skin is oily it gives a silky finish and when it is not very oily it leaves my skin matte. In both ways I like the look.
What I don’t like about MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder?
- It does not get over very soon. One should be really glad about it but I don’t feel like trying anything else until this is left, as I am satisfied with the finish this powder gives on my skin.
- The puff applicator that comes with this is not very pleasing. I am not very comfortable using this. I think a brush will do a better job and even the coverage would be better.
My Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase? – No. For the only reason that by the time I finish this I would have got bored with it and I would like to try something new. If nothing suits me this good then definitely I’ll go for this again.
I actually didn’t notice “much” about this powder until I was asked to review. So thanks a lot HD, you made me realize that I have been using such a wonderful product. This review is for you. Sorry for the little delay 🙂