Today, I am going to review my first Mac blush. My friend got this blush for me. It’s a product of Mac Tartan Tales collection. Mac blushes are available in various finishes:
• Sheer tone
• Sheertone shimmer
I am going to review blush in shade plum foolery from range sheertone shimmer blushes.
Price: Rs 1350/-
Quantity: 6 grams/ 0.21 oz
Color description: It’s a beautiful mauve plum color with gold shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle and gives a beautiful glowing radiant look.
My experience with the product:
- As the name suggests, it is a part of sheertone shimmer blushes, hence, has a very natural and dewy finish.
- It’s a beautiful mauve plum color with gold shimmer. The shimmer is not too much but is enough to give you a natural and dewy finish. I am happy that the shimmer doesn’t travel all over the face is not at all chunky. The shimmer doesn’t accentuate the pores and gives a nice pearly finish.
- It gives a light wash of color with first swipe. Usually just shimmer is visible at first swipe and it gives beautiful glowing radiant look. The shimmer is very subtle. It gives my skin a warm glow, but does not show up as rosy or mauvy color on my cheeks. I guess it will show up as mauve plum color only on fairest complexions. The pigmentation can be builded with multiple swipes. You need 3 swipes to give a natural flushed look.
- The color shows up beautifully on cheeks and lasted for at least 6-8 hours on my cheeks with compact underneath. Even when it fades, it doesn’t leave rough patches or shimmer. It fades very evenly leaving a beautiful tint of color.
- It can be layered to give a very bold look.
- It’s a great blush for beginners because it wont give you clown cheeks with a single swipe.
- The texture is of the blush is amazing. It is very smooth, soft and blends effortlessly. It’s not at all chalky. There’s absolutely no fall out at all.
- This blush is perfect for natural day time look. It’s a must have blush for those who are looking for a natural flushed look. It won’t give you rosy cheeks but a natural look. It gives just the right amount of color and gives glow to skin.This blush can ve worn with any look.
- The packaging is classy, sturdy and travel friendly.
- I love this blush and cherish it; after all it’s my only Mac Blush.
And now the swatches:
Left: blended, right: unblended
How it looks on my cheeks:
- Love the color
- Imparts glow to skin
- Gives natural flushed look
- Shimmer is subtle, not at all chunky and doesn’t spread to entire face
- Can be worn at office and at day time
- Shimmer is very subtle
- Stays entire day long
- Blends effortlessly
- No fall out
- Fades evenly, no rough patches
- Doesn’t break me out
- Travel friendly
- Classy packaging
- Of course the price!!!
- It will give rosy look only on fairest complexions.(but, it will give radiant glow on all skin tones)
- Some people might have pigmentation problem.
IMBB rating: 5/5
Will I repurchase it? Yes. I love the beautiful glow it gives, its staying power and the natural flushed look it gives.
Do I recommend?
Yes. If you are a fan of Mac blushes and want to have a natural, dewy, radiant look, this blush is a must have.
Hope you liked my review. 🙂
MAC Posey Review, Swatch , FOTD
MAC Creamblend Blush Photos, Swatches
MAC Springsheen Review, Swatches, FOTD
MAC Cremeblend Blush Collection India Launch
Inglot Eyeshadow Palette and MAC Melba
MAC Pinch Me Review, Swatch
Basic Highlight Application Tips
How To Apply Cream Blush
Maybelline Dream MoussePeach Satin
MAC Something Special Review, Swatch, FOTD
MAC Florida Review, Swatch, Look