MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachykeen
Hi guys, this review is for one of the most popular blushes from MAC: Peachykeen. Like MAC’s eyeshadows, MAC’s blushes come in different textures as well: mattes, shimmers, sheertone shimmers, satins, etc. This particular shade Peachykeen is a sheertone shimmer and as the name suggests, it is quite sheer with some shimmer in it.
(The top has a crack)
I picked up Peachykeen on the MUA’s suggestion that this color is quite similar to NARS’ Orgasm. When she applied it on me, Peachykeen looked less orange and less shimmery than Orgasm. Even though Orgasm is a gorgeous color on me, I dislike how shimmery it is. With Peachykeen, I found the perfect color with the perfect amount of shimmer.
Anywhere MAC cosmetics are sold (MAC stores, counters, online – amazon, ebay, maccosmetics. Com (does not ship to India).
6 gm/0.21 oz.
What I Love about MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachykeen:
• MAC describes this shade as a baby peach. It doesn’t look like a baby peach to me. Instead, Peachykeen is a wonderful combination of pink, coral and peachy tones. It has just the right amount of these colors and is neither too pinky nor too orangey. It is a gorgeous color and is one of MAC’s most popular blushes of all times.
(Just shows how much I’ve used this.)
• It has just the right amount of fine shimmer. The shimmer, thankfully, is not chunky and does not travel everywhere on the face. The shimmer just imparts a wonderful natural glow without making the face look like a disco ball.
• Peachykeen is very buildable. As with the sheertone blush formula, the blush goes on quite natural and can be easily built upon to add more color. For a daytime, natural look, just one swirl with a round, fluffy blush is enough.
• The texture of the blush is amazing. It’s soft, smooth and very blendable.
• Perfect for my skin tone (NC 35). It will also look great on those with darker complexions. It’s more a blush for warmer skin tones and in my opinion, should look good on most Indian skin tones. It can look quite dark on very light skin tones, but the best part is even they can blend this out for that natural flushed look.
• The staying power of Peachykeen is great. It lasts without fading for up to 8-10 hours. Even when it starts fading a little, you can still see some color on the face unlike most shimmer blushes where all you are left with is the shimmer.
• As with all MAC products, the packaging is great and classy.
(Just one swirl for a very natural color on the cheeks)
What I Dislike about MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachykeen:
• Price is $19.50. You do get a lot of product and since a little goes a long way, this blush should last quite a long time. Also, you are paying for the MAC name and quality and I have always felt that MAC is on the cheaper end of many high-end makeup brands. (NARS Orgasm is $27 for 0.16 oz.)
• Not for someone who prefers matte blushes. Even though the shimmer is totally wearable, it is a little bit strong and as you build the color, the shimmer gets built upon as well.
5 out of 5.
Will I Recommend/Repurchase?
This is my most favorite blush ever and a great buy for MAC lovers as well as blush lovers in general. I agree that the price can be a bit of a deterrent, but I feel it’s a great investment. I have had it for over a year and I use it every single day. This is one blush which even on my most miserable of days, gives me that flushed bright glow without looking clownish or too overdone. Strongly recommended and yes, I will repurchase once I run out.
MAC Sheertone Blush Pinch Me Review, Swatch
Top 5 Must Have MAC Blushes
Best Shimmery Blush : Ask IMBB
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Bronze Review, Swatch, FOTD
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
Blush: How to Mix Blushes
Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Photos, Swatches
NARS Orgasm Blush Review, Photos, Swatches
Have You Used Peachykeen Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: