MAC Stars N Rockets Eyeshadow Review , Swatch, Look
Today I am reviewing a MAC eyeshadow called Stars N Rockets.
It’s a shade that’s part of Veluxe Pearl collection of eye shadows.
I would say, it’s very versatile eye shadow and you can use it
1) All-over eyelids and then brown eyeliner for soft effect.
2) In the inner corner of the eyelid for nice pop of color with darker purple or blues on outer corner.
3) In the outer corner of the eyelid as contrast with pinks or greens.
4) In the crease to match with your outfit or even as contrast to your outfit color
5) As highlighter in the brow-bone area with paired with skin-color eye shadow all-over eyelid and just black-brown eyeliner.
Such uses are possible because it’s a duo chrome eyeshadow. It has some silverish and some lilac or lavender kind of purple mixed in together. On the MAC website, it says Purple with Pink-pearl color, but the color shown on website is nothing compared to what it is in real life. It’s not shimmery or glittery but kind of like satin when it comes to effect of silver and lilac purple together. Over all it’s a great eyeshadow to have in your collection. I think for me, it’s definitely a thumbs-up eyeshadow.
Let me see if I can figure out some Pros and Cons for you.
Pros of MAC Stars N Rockets Eyeshadow
1) A great color and should suit variety of skin tones.
2) Good pigmentation; lives up to MAC standards. And also not too over-the-top.
3) Versatility in use.
4) Does not crease, if primed the eyelid before use. Applies smooth.
Cons of MAC Stars N Rockets Eyeshadow
1) Staying power is not too great, even with primer I got about 5-6 hours of its wear, then needed a touch-up.
2) To have a dramatic effect, you may have to layer it on and on.
Despite the Cons, I love the eye shadow for its subtlety. I would consider it to use everyday for daytime looks and once in a while for night-time looks.
I got this for about $11 for 1.5g ( Rs 680) as this was in form of a refill pan. Would I buy this again? Yes.
I would give 4 stars to the product! I took 1 star out as I wished it had longer staying power.
Here are the photos, swatches and how it looks on the eye. Thank you for reading my review.
Hugs to All!!!!!
I have used Stars N Rockets in the crease here, with Expensive Pink all-over eyelid.
Here is the final look!