Mac take a hint tendertone lip balm SPF 12 Review
A new lip colour combining the shine lay down of a gloss with the soft emollient feel and nurturing capacity of a balm-style conditioner. Soft, comfortable, non sticky in wear, provides a distinctively softer, satiny shine finish. Formulated with petroleum and SPF 12 for everyday sun protection.
Price I got it at:
Shade description: light mid toned pink
Quantity in pot: 6ml
Being a lip product junkie, I picked this lip balm up from Mac over more than a year ago. From the pictures you can see how much of it I have been able to finish as I do not use it regularly.
It is pretty ,it has spf ,is a lovely colour still it is not my hg because of the very pot it comes in which is cute to look it but is heavy and made of glass and needs a brush to apply.
This lip balm by Mac was first launched in the year 2007 with a basic set of four shades i.e.
- Deep sigh
- Hush hush
- Take a hint
This was later enhanced by adding more shades to the collection.
More information about the current selling lip balm and Mac products from their website here:
I would say I was rather disappointed by the sheerness of the product as I like my lip products to be pigmented .
In the jar, it looks likes a real pink.
Why Mac take a hint tendertone lip balm SPF 12 is good:
- It’s a tinted lip conditioner with SPF 12.
- Lip glosses with spf are hard to find.
- In winters this acts like a messiah for my lips by giving them the required moisture and just a hint of colour.
- The lip balm is not at all sticky but I would still say it is a winter lip balm as it can make the worst cracked lips come alive with colour and moisture.
- It has a real good taste. Yum!
- The smell is delightful raspberry like.
- It’s very sheer. Pale lipped beauties who like just a little bit of sheerness and not much coverage will love this.
- It makes my lips feel so soft and moisturised and instead of reaching for a lip balm every 30 minutes in winters I reach for this.
- The name tender tone.
- This colour particularly if applied in just the right amount works well enough even for pigmented lips like mine.
- You can see in the picture how it lips on my heaving pigmented lips. As I know that is the concern with most of us Indian woman, a certain degree of pigmentation which we always like to even out.
- Being Mac tendertone or its newer versions are still available at all Mac counters.
- Best moisture content from a lip balm I have ever seen.
- Mac DOES NOT test on animals.kissi :-*
- Non sticky.
Why Mac take a Hint Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12 is not so Good:
- Firstly the price. I don’t know what I was thinking when I picked this for 20 $. I never will pay that much for a lip balm.
- The colour is sheer and lovely but I personally need less of shimmer and more of colour.
- The colour fades of in 2 hours or less.
- The glass pot.
- The fact that I have to use a brush every now and then and can’t dare put my finger in the pot as that is YIKES!
- I don’t they are meant for average shoppers and while picking most of my products I keep that in mind because I am one of the ‘drugstore’ clan.
- No strong tint as I said.
- Staying in India and staying connected with IMBB, I think we all will across better and more affordable options than going and picking something like Mac take a hint tendertone lip balm spf 12 from Mac.
Rating of 3.5 on 5 .1.5 taken for the sheerness, not much stay and price.
MAC 316 Lip Brush
MAC Diva Lipstick
MAC Sheertone Blush Pinch Me
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack vs Wet ‘n’ Wild Eyes Crème Liner Black
MAC Cham Pale Eye Kohl, Chromagraphic Pencil Photos, Swatches
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner Fuchsia Fix Review