MAC To the Beach Eye shadows ( Rs 900):
There are 5 eye shadows in this collection.
- Fire cracker : It’s a muted coral colour. It’s very pigmented and has a frosted sheen to it.
- Humid : It’s a moss green colour with golden undertones. Great for smokey green eyes. Would look flattering on most skin tones. Excellent shade!
- Sweet and punchy : It’s a yellow based green. Actually it looks more yellowy than green. Pigmented and has a looks satiny.
- Shimmermoss : It’s a teal blue colour. It’s very pigmented and a lot of people would be able to pull off this shade.
- Sand and sun : this is my least favourite colour from the collection. It’s a soft peach colour. the finish is matte and it’s least pigmented among all 5 eye shadows. You may have asoft wash of all over colour with this but other than that this didn’t impress me too much.
Here are the swatches:
My favourites : Sweet and Punchy, humid and shimmermoss.
Here is Sun and Sand : It wasn’t showing on my wrist so had to swatch it on my finger.
Lip Pencils : ( Rs 900)
- Life’s a breeze : It’s a warm pink colour.
- Temperature Rising : It’s stunning orange colour. i was almost drooling over it but then this is not the kinds that could be pulled off easily. Those who can rock orange, I think this is a must pick. Delicious!!
Eye Kohls ( Rs 900): Since these are kohls, these could be worn on waterline and these are very much prone to smudging.
Rosemary and Thyme : It’s a dry henna colour and among the two pencils, I liked this one more.
Float on By : It’s a teal blue colour. A lot of people might just pick it up because this can be easily worn.
The pigmentation and intensity of the colours is excellent. See the swatches.
Lip Glasses : ( Rs 950)
Three shades :
- Splashing : It’s a pinkish gloss with multi-colour shimmer to it. The gloss is barely pigmented and on lips it would come out mostly clear shimmery gloss.
- Flurry of fun : It’s a peachy orange lipgloss with bluish shimmer to it. I liked it the most among the three . It’s such a fun gloss. 😛
- Easy lounger : It’s a baby pink colour with multi -coloured shimmer to it. It’s the least shimmery and most pigmented among the three glosses.
Nail Laquer : (Rs 750)
These are a little over priced for the glosses but tehse are the most interesting thing I found in the collection. Weird!
- Scorcher : It’s a deep coral red colour. Stunning!
- In the Buff : It’s a wet pale mud colour…I can’t think of any other explanation. It just looked like those childhood clay colour.
MAC to the Beach blush : Get Away Bronze ( Rs 1150)
It’s a metallic bronze colour and the colour payoff is quite high. A lot of people with deep wheatish complexion would pull off this colour beautifully. The blush also has a high sheen to it. Might look a little muddy on people with fair or light wheatish complexion.
Marine Life Highlight Powder : Rs 1550
It’s the most hyped product in the collection. The sea horse has golden wash of colour on it while the highlight powder is actually a deep coral and pink blush. i wonder why they call it a highlight powder because..
actually there is no highlight in it… But anyway. The coral is actually an orangy-coral and you would love it if you like your blush to show. I was wearing it the whole day today. And the coral stays coral the entire day, it doesn’t turn pinkish or anything.
No matter how much I loved it or how easily I pulled it off, I know it would just be sitting pretty in my collection for most time of the year. So I just let it go. Call me a fool but I was also a little upset about the absence of hipness blush in the collection. Silly, I know…
I would still agree that it’s what makes the collection look so beautiful.
MAC to the Beach Bronzing powders: ( Rs 1250)
Refined Golden : Soft brown with golden shimmer. For people with light to medium complexions.
Golden’ : Deep Brown with golden shimmers. For people with medium to dark complexions.
MAC Lustre Drops : Rs 1150
The look like cute eye drop bottles. 😛 Lustre drops are liquid highlighters. The MUA told me that you can mix these in foundations of an all over glow or just use them on the highpoints of the face to highlight your features. They look like molten liquids, you just need teeny weeny amount of these for every use.
And there is a very thin nozzle
Both the lustre drops have a peachy undertone. Sun rush is a peachy golden colour while pink rebel is a pale peachy pink colour. These are not at all glitter. they just give a high shine to your face. Tried and tested. 😉
MAC to the Beach Bronzing Oil : RS 1250 . Bronzed oil for all over body.
MAC to The Beach lipsticks :
- Beach Bound : Its a very sheer peach colour and it’s quite shimmery as well. It had to swipe the lipstick quite a number of time on my wrist to even seen the colour.
- Lazy Day : This is THE lipstick I liked from the collection. It’s a soft pink colour. Nothing great about it but it reminded me a lot of Lady Gaga .
- Thrills : It’s an orangey copper colour and has lot of golden shimmer to it. You wouldn’t like it too much if you don’t like orange toned lipsticks on you.
- Fun bathing : It’s a deep rose colour and has a multi colour shimmer to it.
Kill me because I took the swatches of the lipstick but forgot to click it. I think I’ll kill myself only. :zombiekiller:
Overall I think it’s an excellent collection. Everyone can pick something or the other from the collection. :yes: to MAC for such a great show.
Ahem! Ahem! I might show you Hipness blush tomorrow or day after. Not promising but I might. :shy: