Thinking of buying that heavily-advertised magical serum that promises flawless skin within a few weeks, but then comes at a heavy price tag. Don’t think twice because there are many potent ingredients sitting right there on your kitchen shelf, and maybe some in the refrigerator as well, that work much more effectively than those that come in bottles and tubs. And that best thing is that it’s easy to whip face masks out of these ingredients without even worrying about added fragrance, chemicals, preservatives or parabens that can damage your skin in the long run. So, want to know what magical kitchen ingredients we are talking about for flawless skin? Read on to know more:
1. Sugar Scrub: Don’t you all agree how smooth skin feels after an exfoliating session? But using chemical-laden scrubs every single time can create undesirable effects. Instead of using face scrubs from the market, take 2 tbsp of sugar (it has glycolic acid that removes dead cells and promotes cell growth) as well and mix it with a bit of olive oil, and use this mixture to exfoliate the face. You would surprised to see how light your face would feel after using this scrub.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has natural alpha-hydroxy acids. It has natural bleaching properties as well, and would help in fading acne marks. However, do not apply lemon juice directly on face, mix some honey in a few drops of lemon juice and apply all over the face and neck with a cotton ball. You can keep it for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Potato Juice: Potato has amazing skin lightening and bleaching properties, and can help clear away dark spots and hyperpigmentation. You can extract potato juice and apply it all over the face and neck area with the help of cotton ball. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
4. Nutmeg and Milk Mask: This pack will reduce your pimples, their scars, and brighten up your complexion. Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties so it tops the list of wonderful, multi-benefit kitchen ingredients. Add two tablespoons of nutmeg powder to five tablespoons of milk. You can also add honey to make it more moisturizing. Apply this paste all over your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
5. Egg Whites: Egg white is another wonder ingredient that beautifies your skin – not just by lightening the marks but also by tightening your skin. All you need to do is break one egg, separate the white from the yolk and apply the white part on the affected area. Keep it on as a mask for around 15 minutes and then rinse off with plain water. The protein and nutrients in the egg help in removing the pimple marks over time.
6. Tomato Pulp: Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and lycopene, both of which help in healing and nourishing the skin. Therefore, they are extremely beneficial in removing pimple marks. All you need to do is scoop out the pulp and the juice of tomatoes and apply it on the affected areas every day. Keep it on for 20 minutes before washing it off.
7. Raw Honey with Milk: The lactic acid content of milk and the moisturizing properties of honey combine together to brighten up dull skin and rejuvenate the complexion. Use both these amazing ingredients in equal quantities, and apply all over the skin. The most amazing thing about this mask – you can use it daily!
8. Cucumber and Turmeric Mask: This mask will clear up acne and brighten up skin tone as well. Regular use will result in flawless skin – to make this mask, extract fresh cucumber juice and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Apply all over the face and neck area with a cotton ball and rinse off after 30 minutes.
9. Besan + Saffron + Yogurt Mask: To remove summer tan and get glowing skin, this mask works the best. Here’s a step-by-step procedure on how to make this mask fresh at home.
10. Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is nutrient rich and great for all skin types, particularly textured and damaged skin. You can use fresh coconut milk as a cleanser too. To make an anti-ageing pack, soak 4 almonds in water overnight and in the morning, make a smooth paste out of it. Now, add 1 tbsp of coconut milk, mix well, apply on the face and neck area, and rinse off after 20 minutes. Do this twice a week to see a major difference in the texture of skin.
11. Coffee, Sugar, and Honey Revitalizing Mask: This is a mask that nourishes, brightens, exfoliates skin. All you have to do is find coffee, sugar, and honey from your pantry, and mix together 1 tbsp each. You can add the honey it make it a smooth consistency mask. Apply on the face generously and rinse off after 15 minutes.
All these masks are completely natural, have absolutely no side effects, and will give you flawless skin with regular use.