WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I had a lovely weekend, spent good time with hubby and baby and did some nice creative things at home. Talking about creative things, let me tell you a simple way to make lip scrub. Something that I made and have been using for over a month now. I really LOVE it.
Here it goes:
Brown sugar, peppermint, oil (almond or olive), honey, almond powder. In the picture below, I have shown many ingredients for you to be able to choose. For example, I also added a few drops of Blossom Kocchar’s beauty oil as it had rosemary and a few other good oils.
- Take an empty pot. I used an empty Lush pot.
- Take some brown sugar. I hate quantifying ingredients. I know that’s very silly of me, that too when I like others to mention the exact quantity, but please bear with me. The reason I am not mentioning the exact quantities here is because I myself used them in random measurements. But trust me, I will warn you beforehand if I find any catch in the process.
- Add some almond powder to it. You can skip this part if you wish to. But I am very fond of almonds and they suit me very well, so I added them.
- Add peppermint oil. I didn’t have peppermint oil and nor do we get it here in Andamans, so I added peppermint the way I got it from a store here (use only a little).
- Add an oil of your choice. If you have added almond powder, you can skip almond oil and can add another oil like olive oil.
- Finally, I added a little honey to it for its therapeutic properties.
- Mix and store in refrigerator.
This really works like a ready made lip scrub as you just have to dip your finger in the pot, take out a little scrub and use it. No haggle of mixing sugar with oil etc., everyday.
I made it almost a month back and have been using it daily. It is still fresh. Maybe because I store it in refrigerator. Please note that use very little quantity of peppermint oil. Peppermint oil has drying properties. You can also do it without using peppermint oil at all, but I feel peppermint oil keeps the scrub fresh for a long time and also helps in giving a cooling sensation on lips. Honestly, I once used a Lush scrub that I got as a sample from Lush in the same pot. I don’t know which scrub it was but it had mint in it. So, I knew that I wanted mint in my scrub!
Happy Scrubbing!! 😀
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Reduce Dark Circles