As we all know, the skin brightening creams available in the market contain a ton of artificial chemicals. Although they are manufactured of approved formulation, they do come with a lot of unwanted preservatives and chemicals still. So, in this post, we will look towards certain homemade recipes for making your very own skin brightening cream. So, let us begin:
1. Yogurt-Turmeric Brightening Cream: This is a pretty basic homemade skin brightening cream. All one needs to do is add a pinch of turmeric powder to one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of lemon juice and 3-4 pieces of almonds to almost 2 cups of yogurt. Then, process everything in an electric blender. The resulting creamy paste is then ready for application and is known to yield positive results. A word of caution – you must store it in an air tight jar and keep it away from direct sunlight, preferably inside a refrigerator. Best used by a week of production.
2. Flour-Turmeric Brightening Cream: This pack also contains turmeric powder as one of the major active ingredients. In order for you to prepare this cream at home, all you need to do is take two tablespoons of plain flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Then, as we start to stir the ingredients to make a good mixture out of it, we add a few drops of lemon juice. We then must continue stirring the concoction as we move into the last leg of the preparation which is adding a heavy cream. However, care should be taken to keep stirring the mixture as we add something around a tablespoon of heavy cream to it. We shall continue to add the heavy cream while constantly stirring the concoction till we arrive at our desired creamy density. It is well advised that one should apply this cream before hitting the sack every night.
3. Gram Flour – Shea Butter Skin Brightening Cream: Now, this is a very nice little recipe that anyone can try at home. So, we will need to start with adding around 3 tablespoons of shea butter to 2 table spoons of gram flour and then stir the mixture properly. To this well-stirred concoction, we shall next add a pinch of cinnamon powder and cocoa powder. Keep stirring the mixture and further add vitamin E oil(that can be extracted from Vitamin E capsules rather easily). Then to top it off, we shall add a few drops of lavender oil to it, not only to make it more effective but also for the soothing scent of lavender oil. This homemade mixture is rather potent in reducing tans and can be applied to our face, hands, face, legs and feet. For best results it is advised that one should use the cream every night.
4. Coconut oil- cocoa butter skin brightening cream: By far, this one is one of the easiest homemade recipes out there. All you need to do in this case is quite simply add virgin coconut water to cocoa butter to manufacture the desired homemade skin brightening cream. That’s right! The recipe is quite concurrently the names of the only two ingredients constituting the cream – such sheer simplicity. This simple yet highly potent homemade cream is quite effective in softening your skin, courtesy the coconut oil, and for improving your overall skin tone as well. And since this homemade cream is essentially a night cream it goes without saying that for best results, it is advised that you apply it at night and witness visible results in less than a week of application.
5. Sandalwood and Green Tea Skin Brightening Cream: In order for you to prepare this highly effective and rather popular homemade skin brightening recipe, all that you need to do is to add 2 tablespoons of pure sandalwood powder to a few drops of green tea. You can also add a few drops of cucumber juice and tomato juice to this mixture. Sandalwood powder is an effective agent to treat skin darkening, blemishes and uneven skin tone. It also nourishes the skin and produces an overall healthy look. Green tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants and fight free radicals and help with the reduction of dark spots and blemishes. Massage your face with this cream gently and let it dry out naturally on your skin. This mixture is very effective in reducing dullness of skin. Do not forget to use a plain washcloth dipped in cold water to remove this cream from your face.
6. Yoghurt and Lemon Brightening Cream: Lemon is one of the best ingredients that help clear dark spots and tanning. In this homemade recipe, we will make use of freshly squeezed lemon juice to prepare the cream. In order to do this, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to about 300 grams of plain yoghurt in a bowl. Yoghurt helps to lighten and brighten the skin. Add some rose water to this mixture to add a dose of freshness to your cream. Rose water also helps to soothe skin, so it is really beneficial if you have skin that shows signs of redness. Now, mix all the ingredients well and transfer the mixture to a clean jar and refrigerate it so that it stays fresh. You can use this cream for about 2 weeks after preparation. Use this cream in the evening or before you go to sleep as it contains lactic acid. This remedy really works and helps in steady skin brightening with consistent use.
7. Almond –Rosehip Oil and Saffron Brightening Cream: This homemade mixture is made from crushed almond powder. You need to take a cup of almonds and then grind it well in a grinder to prepare finely milled almond powder. Almonds are rich source of antioxidants which reduce the effect of tanning and enhances skin radiance. Rosehip oil also helps to brighten skin and clear hyperpigmentation. To make this mask, take a tablespoon of rosehip oil and soak 4-5 strands of saffron in it for 10-15 minutes. Add to this almond powder and mix everything well. Rosehip oil helps to achieve even toned skin complexion, whereas saffron works brilliantly for hyperpigmentation. Now, store this mixture in an air-tight container and use it daily before bedtime on properly cleansed skin.
8. Cocoa butter and Liquorice Skin Brightening Cream: This homemade skin brightening cream contains cocoa butter and liquorice root as the main ingredients. Cocoa butter helps to make skin soft, supple, and smooth. It also addresses unevenness of skin tone and adds glow to the skin. Licorice root extract is a very important ingredient in skin lightening creams. It works by inhibiting the production of melanin on the skin thereby making it look visibly fair and brighter. To make this pack, take 2-3 tablespoons full of cocoa butter and melt it using a double boiler method. Add some drops of licorice extract to it and mix everything well. Transfer the mixture to a clean jar and use it every day on freshly cleansed face. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to this mixture for getting better results.
Well dear readers, tell us what you think of our modest endeavour to enlist some of the most popular homemade skin brightening recipes that we have discussed so far in the article today. Kindly share your thoughts in the comments section. Stay pretty and beautiful!!!