WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Gorgeous.. 🙂
How are you doing today? I am back again with my new purchase which is my first purchase from Make Up Forever. I heard a lot and tried many MUFE samples before and hence when I noticed their kohl pencil collection, I had to get it. However I am not happy with this kohl pencil. So, let’s read onto know more about Make Up Forever Kohl Pencil 1 k..
Price: $17 for 0.04 Oz (1.14 g), price excludes shipping and tax.
Packaging: This creamy deep black kohl comes in pencil packaging with transparent cap but no sharpener. It is fragrance free and has travel friendly packaging.
My Experience with Make Up Forever Kohl Pencil 1K in Deep Black:
I prefer kohl pencils over eye liners mostly because I am yet to master eye makeup. Moreover kohl pencils are safe and gentle enough for waterline hence I always look for kohl liners. Talking about this MUFE deep black kohl pencil, it’s not the deepest black I have used so far though it gives nice deep black smoky smudge look to my eyes in single swipe.
The texture of kohl pencil is extremely soft and gentle. It effortlessly glides on my waterline as well as upper eye lids, however, it hardly stays intact on my oily eye lids and usually smudges and transfers after few hours irrespective of using primer. It does stay for good 4-5 hours on my waterline though.
I am slightly disappointed with this kohl liner as it tends to fade from my outer corner of eyes quickly within an hour and hence I need frequent touch ups with this kohl pencil. However, I like the fact that it does not smudge or transfer from my waterline for good hours, thereafter smudging & transferring a bit, but it is manageable.
It does not irritate or accentuate any issues hence I feel it is safe enough for most sensitive eyes. Considering its overall performance I feel it might be a good pick for gals with dry, combination skin while the rest can skip it, unless you are looking for exclusive waterline kohl liner like me.
Another drawback is that it needs sharpening, yet the sharpener is not included in packaging. I am still searching for an ideal sharpener since this pencil does not fit my usual loreal, bobbi brown sharpeners to my disappointment. Personally, I am not very impressed to get this kohl liner or any shades from this range again as I have many great options in Maybelline and Loreal for kohl pencil which are long lasting and almost fraction of this high end brand.
Let’s sum up pros and cons..
Pros of Make Up Forever Kohl Pencil 1K in Deep Black:
- A soft and gentle kohl pencil liner with no shimmers and formulated with mango seed oil, vitamin e, hydrogenated cotton seed oil etc
- It effortlessly glides on our sensitive upper eye lids as well as along waterline thereby imparting deep pigmented black color pay off in one stroke
- It does not tug or pull our eyes
- It does not irritate or accentuate any other issues
- It stays put for good 4-5 hours on our waterline with no transfer and smudging
- Hygienic and user friendly pencil packaging
Cons of Make Up Forever Kohl Pencil 1K in Deep Black:
- The Packaging does not contain sharpener and hence it is big pain to find appropriate sharpener for this sleek slim pencil
- The kohl liner does not stay on my oily eye lids irrespective of primer
- It might smudge and transfer after few hours though it is manageable
- It tends to fade from outer corner of eyes within an hour which need frequent touch ups
- It is not the blackest black kohl liner I came across
- Seems pricey for quality
Would I Recommend Make Up Forever Kohl Pencil 1K in Deep Black?
Considering the major drawbacks, you can skip this one, especially gals who are more into deep black and long lasting liners. However, if you are looking for a kohl liner for your sensitive waterline, then this might impress you with its gentle texture.
IMBB Rating: 3.5/ 5!
Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner – Blacklast
Chanel Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil Noir
Inglot Kohl Pencil 01
Revlon Kajal Kohl Pencil 11 Black
NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil – Dark Brown
Ulta Kohl Eye Liner Pencil in Plum
Max Factor Kohl Pencil in Black
Maybelline Khol Express Eyeliner Pencil – Glam Black
NYC Classic Kohl Brow/Eye Liner Pencil in 921 Jet Black
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Le Kohl – Midnight Black
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial