It’s been almost 2 months since I have written anything, hope you all still remember me! 😛 August and September have been very busy months for me, and I am super excited to be back! So, I thought it would be only fair to make a comeback with a fun post! Considering a DIY lover that I am, I thought I would share another easy yet wonderful DIY with you all. As you must have already read the title, it’s about a “chemical-free” deodorant. I know it sounds crazy, but hey, it’s super easy to make, takes no time at all, and the end product is super adorable! I’ll ramble later, check out how you can make this deodorant at home 🙂
Stuff that you will need:
- 1 tbsp beeswax.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil.
- ¼ tbsp corn flour/ arrowroot powder.
- An empty EOS container.
- Take an empty, clean EOS container. Now, take a stationary blade and start to loosen up around the edges of the circular part. Once you have done that, you can pop it out using your knife. I would suggest you to watch a YouTube video to get an idea on how to detach the parts of the EOS container.
- Now, take this circular part and pop it in the first half of the container.
- Using the double boiling method, melt beeswax along with coconut oil. Once the beeswax has completely melted, add the essential oils. Next, take this solution off the flame, add corn flour or arrowroot powder. Mix everything well. Be quick because you are working with beeswax which solidifies quickly.
- Now, pour the solution in the first half of the container. Make sure the solution is enough to cover up the entire surface of the circular part. Now, keep this in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take the first half of the container out of the freezer and attach the bottom part to it. Just press the two halves together and twist. Now, when you open the lip balm, you would get a perfect cute-looking deodorant!
What’s so different about this roll on deodorant?
Well, this question has a lot of answers to it. First off, most deodorants contain aluminium or other harmful chemicals which have many side effects, Alzheimer’s disease has been named as the prominent one. Second, it’s a great way to recycle those super cute EOS containers! Plus, this is super easy to make, totally organic, and safe.
Benefits of the ingredients used in this deodorant:
- Beeswax: Imparts moisture to the skin and helps repair it.
- Coconut oil: A natural deodorant with anti-bacterial properties. It keeps your skin moisturized.
- Tea tree oil and lavender oil: Both these essential oils have anti-bacterial properties and add a nice fragrance to your deodorant.
- Corn flour- Corn flour absorbs moisture, keeps you sweat free.
So ladies, go natural and have a fun time making this natural deodorant. Not only does it smell really nice, it would also keep you fresh all day long! So, do give this a try and let me know how it worked for you. Also, you can recyle your old deodorant container instead of using an empty EOS container. And make sure not to use this cutie as a lip balm! (I was about to make this mistake one day!)
Hope you all have a lovely day ahead. xoxo
Harmful Chemicals in Beauty Products and Their Safer Alternatives
Homemade Chemical Free Leave In Conditioner
Homemade Chemical Free Shave Gel for Smooth Skin
How to Make Chemical Free Kajal at Home
Two Homemade Chemical-Free Shampoos For Shiny Hair
Nivea Fresh Natural Ocean Extracts Deodorant
Garnier Mineral Deodorant (Women)