Makeup Breakdown at my Brother-In-Law’s wedding.
I did my own makeup at my brother- in- law’s wedding. Following is the break down. 🙂
• Applied Oil-free moisturizer from Neutrogena on cleansed face. Waited for 15 min to get it absorbed.
• Foundation- Maxfactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation in shade Creamy Ivory 40- loving it a lot nowadays. Since I’m not comfortable with daily use of foundation, I use this only for functions and it does give a pretty decent coverage and glow without being greasy. I have oily skin and features which attracted me the most about this foundation is that it blends very easily and it has got very good staying power on oily skin. I bought this based on a review in IMBB.
• Compact- Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Botanical Compact in shade Natural Beige 550. Since I wear compact on a daily basis I wanted something which has the least amount of chemicals in it, and that is how I ended up buying this being natural. This has become kind of HG product for me though I have used many other brands including Maybelline, Revlon, Street wear etc. Apart from daily use, I use this to give a finishing touch to my make-up for functions; I felt this is good for touch-ups too. Again based on IMBB recommendation.
• Blush- Colorbar Blush 04 Peachy Rose, I just LOVE this shade! The pretty pink glowing cheek is something irresistible that I am using it very often nowadays. Good good really good! Again an IMBB recommendation.
Kept the eye make up really simple with just eyeliner and mascara.
• Lined upper lids with Maybelline waterproof Ultra Liner-though not a huge fan of this liquid liner I like it for the glossy effect it gives and the brush is also good enough if you want a thin line. However it starts flaking little bit after few hours.
• Lined lower lash line with Revlon Colorstay One stroke defining eyeliner in Blackest black- true to its claim, this is the blackest ever pencil liner I have seen and one stroke is more than enough for a perfect line. Smudge-proof, water-proof and stays put for long long hours. However for my sensitive eyes it stings a lot if it gets inside eyes and so I don’t use this for my water line. I used Lotus Kajal to fill my water line.
• I finished my eye make up with the Maybelline Colossal volume express water proof mascara.
• Moisturized my lips with Lotus Cocoa Lip Therapy which is a part of my daily routine and should admit this product does wonders to keep the lips soft and hydrated.
• Outlined lips with Tips & Toes Definer in Coffee Brown, and filled in entire lips with the same- this is a mechanical liner and I like it for its pigmentation and long lasting capabilities.
• Applied Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss in shade Pearl Plum, which is one of my favorite glosses, shimmery, non-sticky and gives a smooth feeling to lips and the shade is lovely!!
Hope I have not missed out anything …needless to say, except for couple of products; I picked all others after reading IMBB reviews/recos and am happy with the end result which I believe has helped me achieve a simple yet beautiful look. Hope you all liked it!!