Since I am on an eyeshadow review roll, I thought let’s go ahead and review one more shade from the Makeup Geek collection. This one is again an extremely trendy shade right now, let’s see how this one fared.
All About This Color: Turn up the heat and put on a show with this sultry and shimmery burgundy shade that features just a hint of bronze. The Bottom Line: Metallic muted burgundy with warm undertones.
About Makeup Geek Eyeshadows:
- These are all highly-pigmented – just check out the swatches!
- Half the price of high end shadows without sacrificing quality.
- This kit is for the eyeshadow pans only — they do not come in com-pacts or a palette.
- These pans can be placed in empty palettes such as Z-Palettes.
- Eyeshadow pan weight is 1.8G / 0.064 oz.
- With a separate palette, you can build your own custom palettes (and save the extra cost and the plastic that eyeshadow compacts bring).
- All our shadows are cruelty-free — we do not test our products on animals.
- These eyeshadows are paraben free.
- We ship worldwide at affordable rates.
USD 6.The pan size is the same exact size as that of a MAC eyeshadow refill.
My Experience with Makeup Geek Burlesque Eyeshadow:
Packaging: MUG does not do individual compacts for eyeshadows. Only these refill pans which comes enclosed in a cardboard outer packaging. The cardboard packaging works well to cushion the product and I did not have have an instance of these shattering in transit. My only concern with these pans is that you do need a palette to put them in and the palette has to be magnetic – like a Z Palette or a MUFE palette.
Shade: This is the shade of the season, a rich frosted burgundy shade with a muted metallic sheen. Not unique on its own because you see it popping up in pretty much all the new palettes being flooded into the market currently. However, it is a shade which has been done really well. It is a dark maroon with warm undertones and pairs really well with Drama Queen and Mango Tango from MUG and Star violet from MAC to create gorgeous fall looks.
Texture: Generally, shimmer shades are easier to do than mattes – this one has been done very well. It’s absolutely creamy and glides on rich with pigmentation. The texture is soft, smooth, creamy. The shadow is very easy to work with blends effortlessly.
Pigmentation: Pigmentation for the shadow is fantastic. It is richly pigmented and the shade in the pan is what you get on your lid. You don’t need to work towards building it up, but the pigmentation is easy to control – you can blend it or diffuse it easily.
Staying Power: I apply my eyeshadows over a primer because my lids are way too oily. Without a primer, anything and everything turns to mush with a couple of hours. With the primer, this shade stayed put for close to 9 hour post which I had to remove my makeup!! So you can basically get a whole day wear from it!
Pros of Makeup Geek Burlesque Eyeshadow:
- Gorgeous and extremely trendy shade.
- Frost finish which is smooth and creamy.
- Does not feel dry or get patchy.
- Excellent pigmentation.
- Zero fallout.
- Long wearing.
- No creasing.
- Does not transfer.
- Builds up and blends out easily.
- Decent packaging – for shipping.
- Talc and paraben free.
- Individual pans allow you to customise what shades you want in your palette
- Not tested on animals.
Cons of Makeup Geek Burlesque Eyeshadow:
- You do need a palette to put this in – and that too a magnetic one. So additional expense.
This shade is an absolute winner. Since I was absolute winner. Since I was on a matte kick off latte, I did contemplate a lot before picking this and Drama Queen. Honestly, both the shades are so stunning!! I’m so glad that I picked these. they are definitely must haves from this line. Definitely recommend!
Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Chickadee Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Glamorous Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Vintage Pressed Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Bitten Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Cupcake Pressed Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Preview and Swatches
Makeup Geek Cosmopolitan Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Pegasus Foiled Eyeshadow Pan
Makeup Geek Typhoon Duochrome Eyeshadow Pan
Maybelline Eye Studio Vintage Plum Color Tattoo Leather 24 Hr Eyeshadow
ELF Mineral EyeShadow in Glamorous
NYX High Voltage #20 Burlesque Lipstick