Last year, I ordered two of Makeup Revolution’s eye shadow palette- Iconic 1 and Iconic 3 and I really liked the quality, the shades and everything about those palettes. I like these palettes so much that I wasn’t satisfied with owning just two of Makeup Revolution’s palettes and I went ahead and ordered another one. Today I’m reviewing Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette- The essential Mattes. Read on to find how it fared for me.
Product description: the ultimate palette with ultra high payoff. a perfect mix of neutral matte shades. A pure sellout.
Product price: GBP 4. It’s available online in India for INR 1200.
My take on Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Palette:
Packaging: The packaging is very simple, black plastic with a clear lid on top. It’s like any other eye shadow palette with long vertical pans of eye shadows. The palette is made of good quality plastic and is very sturdy. It is also kind of compact and travel-friendly if you’re carrying a makeup pouch that it can fit into. The only thing I don’t like is the brush, I wish it had one of those smooth bristled brushes.
Shades: I chose this palette primarily because the previous Makeup Revolution eye shadow palettes I picked up had all shimmery shades and let’s face it, shimmery eye shadows aren’t something everyone likes to wear on a daily basis. So without question, I had to buy this essential mattes palette this time. And boy, is this essential! It has all the shades one needs for an everyday eye makeup look. From matte highlighting shades to neutral brown and plum and even a blue, it’s got it all. The shades are:-
1. Off-white highlighter shade
2. Skin color highlighting shade (I use this on my brow bone; looks gorgeous)
3. Pink toned highlighting shade
4. Peach-ish highlighting shade
5. Grayish-brown shade (makes for a great base on the lids)
6. Medium brown shade
7. Pink toned shade
8. Dark grey
9. Sky blue
10. Matte black (my personal favorite for filling in the brows)
11. Light plum shade
Texture, pigmentation, longevity– The color payoff of all shades except for first four shades is brilliant. These are very nicely pigment shadows. The eye shadows feel a little powdery but not chalky and once blended well, the eye shadows stay in place for 6 hours easily. These eye shadows last on me for around 6 hours and that too without a primer, I’m hoping these would last even longer when accompanied with a primer.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Palette:-
• Perfect eye shadow palette for everyday use
• Has neutral matte shades ranging from brown to blue to plum.
• Does not feel chalky
• Blends smoothly
• Stays on for 6 hours easily
• Great dupe for the high end Naked Basics palette (so those who are contemplating buying that palette, can save 3 quarters of the price and buy this palette instead)
• Nicely pigmented
Cons of Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Palette:-
• People who prefer eye shadows with pearl/ satin/ shimmer finish can skip this.
• I don’t get what’s the point of the first four shades. There could have been only one of those four shades and this palette would have still been the same.
• I don’t like the brush that comes with it.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Palette?
Yes and yes.
IMBB rating: 4.25/5
Conclusion on Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Palette:
It’s a great everyday wear eye shadow palette at an affordable price and it also happens to be a great dupe for another high end palette that costs 4 times as this one. It has all the neutral shades that one needs for everyday wear and these shades are very nicely pigmented too. At GBP 4, this one’s a sure shot winner.
Is “Makeup Revolution London’s, Redemption Palette Hot Smoked” The Perfect Dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked Palette?
Makeup Revolution Matte Brights Redemption Palette for Bright Coloured Lovers
Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 1 Eye Shadow Palette is Close to Perfect
Makeup Revolution London Grandeur Pure Pigment for Beginners
Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette is a Dupe For?
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eyeshadows Flawless Palette Review
Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For is What You Have Been Waiting For!
Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation Review