By Vijeta Nagar
Product Purchased by IMBB
So, this is my 3rd IMBB sponsored product. Saved best for the last! I am not going to build a suspense on whether I liked it or not. I am admitting up front that I am glad that I chose this palette and I have got an amazing product in affordable price. Honestly, I am not a fan of Makeup Revolution, though many people are quite impressed by it. I picked this palette because its shades and the name “Fortune Favours The Brave” caught my eye. Without much ado, let’s get on to the shades one by one as this one is going to be a very lengthy article.
Price: Rs. 1950
Thirty shades of matte, glimmer and sheen combine in one golden palette for an every-which-way smokey eye. From the lightest of brightening base colours to the darkest, most daring shades of navy, black and green and everything in between, Fortune is the most versatile, every-age, every-tone palette yet.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette:
I almost skipped a heartbeat when I opened the palette, it looks so gorgeous with a beige-golden base. It comes in a beige-golden cardboard pack. There is also a plastic sheet between the palette and the outer packing. The plastic used here is of very good quality, nothing here is flimsy. It closes with a click sound, thereby secure.
The palette is neither too big that you cannot travel with it, nor it is too tiny with a limited number of colors. It also has a dual-sided brush which isn’t of much help. You will be totally amazed by the size of the mirror it has. I was happy that they have not chopped off the sides or done anything to it. The plain, large-size mirror is a boon if you want to travel with the palette.
It does not have bright neon colours, no shades of reds and pinks too much. It is a mix of baked, metallic and some transition shades. If you see, there are more blues, greens, earthy tones and deep purples. All of these colours are extremely buildable. It’s advisable to use a primer underneath to get the true colours to pop out.
Let’s get on to them one by one (I’ll try to be to the point and as brief as possible, there are 30 colours and I cannot write 5 pages).
1) Glimmer – mild shimmery rose gold shade, perfect inner corner or brow bone highlight.
2) Buffer – pink based perfect transition shade.
3) Peachy – very light pink peachy shade. Another good transition shade.
4) Hope – metallic light brown, buildable, super appropriate for Indian functions.
5) Fortune – perfect buildable golden.
6) Skylight (baked) – milder version of royal blue shade with shimmers in it. It has particles of gold which peak through the blue tone. If you see the pan you will get it why.
7) Transformer – very close to teal. Looks matte in the pan, but has a metallic touch to it and his highly buildable again.
8) Midnight Rainbow – again a blue but metallic touch.
9) Ice Cloud – again a brow bone highlight colour. It is not powdery and has a shimmer to it.
10) Colden Coins (baked) – Extremely pigmented and buildable shade. This is a darker than a pure gold with brown undertones. Two shades of shimmers peek through light and dark gold.
11) Cashmere – a deep pink, pigmented and buildable.
12) Tip Top – very light khaki kind of shade, little powdery as well.
13) Yes Please – metallic mehendi greenish shade, pigmented and buildable.
14) Green Machine – green metallic shade with different undertones compared to last ones.
15) Smoothie – same green tone as Green Machine, a bit darker, but less metallic and more towards matte.
16) Caffeine Fix – satin brown, mot matte nor metallic, pigmented and buildable.
17) Latte – a very light brown, perfect for transition shade.
18) Pink Diamond – light shimmery pink, buildable and apt for parties.
19) Crème – light beige. Can be used a brow bone highlight. Chalky.
20) Drama Queen – again a satin rose color, apt for evening time. Buildable and pigmented.
21) Lonely Planet (baked) – metallic chocolate shade. Buildable and pigmented. Hints of pink shimmers when seen closely.
22) Blacqua – super black. Be careful of fall outs from this one.
23) Soft – white matte for brow bone highlight. Chalky.
24) New World (baked) – perfect rose gold. Buildable and pigmented.
25) Favour – metallic white with rose gold shimmers. Buildable and pigmented.
26) Sunset Hour – metallic smoked almond kind of shade. Buildable and pigmented.
27) Super Gold (baked) – a deep brown metallic shade. Buildable and pigmented.
28) Winning – berry matte shade. Can be used in outer corners of eyes to give depth.
29) Brave – metallic dark brown shade with purple undertones, for outer corners.
30) The Revolution – dark chocolate brown with shimmers. Buildable and pigmented.
Summing it up, I loved the palette. It gives a perfect balance to my Morphe 35B which is all bright pinks and yellows.
Needless to say, almost all colors are pigmented and buildable.
I have tried a smokey eye using colours blaqua, drama queen, peachy and latte in this palette.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette:
- Perfect set of deep colors
- Sturdy packaging
- Mix of baked, metallic and mattes
- Good transition shades
Cons of Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette:
- 2 chalky colours
- Little bit of fall out
- Is good to use a primer underneath
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Will I Recommend/Repurchase Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette?: I will not repurchase this for sure because all the pans are decent sized and I will not be able to finish them. However, I highly recommend this to all the ladies out there. This is one of the most affordable palettes out there.
Makeup Revolution London Divine Amazing Lipstick Review
Makeup Revolution London Bronzed Fame Vivid Baked Bronzer Review
Makeup Revolution London Moon Glow Lights Strobe Highlighter Review, FOTD
Makeup Revolution London I Heart Makeup Chocolate Vice Palette Review
Chambor Orosa Pearly Beige Sculpting Eyeshadow Review
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base Review
MAC Eyeshadow x15 Warm Neutral Palette Review
Sephora Collection Medium Shopping Bag Makeup Palette Review
ELF Bronzer Palette – Bronze Beauty Review
Makeup Revolution Highlighter Palette – Highlight Review
One thought on “Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette Review”
Has been on my wishlist since forever. Would love to get it after reading your review. Love the packaging!