I was planning to grab a blush- highlighter palette for really long, but most of them have multiple shades in pale pink tones and those shades are not suitable for my skin tone at all. When the original Rose Gold palette by Makeup Revolution came out, I was a little disappointed to see the pale colors which would not have shown up on my complexion at all. The colours in this palette looked a little darker and I wanted to give this Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Professional Blush Palette a try. Read on for more details on this palette:
Our best-selling face palette is Golden Sugar – now there is Golden Sugar 2. The most amazing collection of highly pigmented bronzers, merged bronzers, merged blushers and highlighters in 1 palette complete with a full-sized mirror.
Baked Powder: Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Silica, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), FD & C Red No. 40 (CI 16035), FD & C Yellow No. 6 (CI 15985), Carmine (CI 75470). Pressed Powder: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Professional Blush Palette:
The packaging is pretty sturdy and travel friendly. The product comes in a glossy, plastic box with the name inscribed in gold. It looks very sleek and classy. There is a full-sized mirror inside. However, as the product is loaded with shimmers, you can often find glitters on the surface of the palette. So, it is better if you keep this inside the paper carton or in a zip lock pouch while traveling. Otherwise, all your dresses will become shimmery party wears 😛
The shades have not been named, but I will try to describe them in the best possible way. However, they look far better when applied on the face in the right way than these swatches.
Top Row Colours (Left to Right):
- Pale Pink- This is a frosty, shimmery pink shade that would look good on every skin tone. It is not a shocking kind of pink and you can use it as a natural blush or a very subtle highlighter.
- Rosy Peach- The swatch of this colour did not come out perfect; however, it looks like a shimmery, rosy, peach shade with tinge of gold. This can be a gorgeous blush or highlighter and if you use it with light hands, you can wear it in the day time too for a natural, glowy look.
- Baked Gold – This is a baked golden shade that looks gorgeous as a highlighter. You can add it to any matte blush to create your own shimmery blush shade.
- Matte Brown Shade – This is a completely matte brown colour that won’t look flattering as a blush. This is a gorgeous tone for contouring for the fairer women. I use it for very light contouring when I am not tanned badly. Also I use it along with the baked gold shade for a bronzed glow.
Bottom Row Colours (Left to Right):
- The Highlighter- I cannot give an exact name to this shade. It is a cool-toned colour that looks like the highlighter shade in the eyeshadow palettes. I never used it for face highlighting. The fairer people can definitely give that a try. It looks good on the brow bone and on my nose.
- Bright Pink- I love this shade so much. It is a shimmery pink shade that looks flattering on every skin tone. It is a baked blush/highlighter and I mostly use it as a blush.
- Coppery Gold- This is one of the most gorgeous shades I have ever seen in my life. The shimmers are perfect and the pigmentation is insane. It gives you the golden glow of Cleopatra, but you will look like a golden disco ball if you don’t use it carefully.
- Matte light Brown- This is a very light brown shade that the fairer people may use for contouring. However this is higher than my skin tone. So I mix it with other shades and use it as bronzer or blush.
This palette is ideal for women with dark, warm skin tones; however, these shades will also work for fair skin tones. The texture is smooth and not much chalky. The shimmers are perfect, but one must be careful about the amount as more product may lead to fallout and your cheeks might look like shiny, metal surface.
All the shades are usable for everyone and you won’t regret buying this palette. The shades look gorgeous as eyeshadows too. The coppery gold shade looks perfect on the eyes and you will use it again and again to get the perfect party eye makeup. This is my HG eye shadow, blush and highlighter palette for now and I cannot stop using it. The colours can be mixed to get customized shade of one’s choice too! You can use it to create subtle looks as well as dramatic ones depending on your choice. It is a perfect dupe for highlighters from high-end brands and if you are a beginner in the world of highlighting, this palette is a must for you. I compared this palette with the previous version of it, and realized that the brand has improved the product in terms of pigmentation and texture.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Professional Blush Palette:
- Sturdy, sleek packaging.
- Gorgeous shades for highlighting.
- These shades can also be used as eyeshadows.
- Matte shades can be used for contouring.
- Shades can be mixed and customized.
- Would suit all skin tones.
- Can be used to create subtle as well as dramatic looks.
Cons of Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Professional Blush Palette:
- Shimmers fallout makes the palette messy.
- Using too much product may mess up the look.
Would I Recommend Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Ultra Professional Blush Palette?
If you have dusky complexion or warm skin tone, this blush palette is a good choice. Give it a try and you won’t regret it.
Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Ultra Blush Palette
Makeup Revolution Sugar and Spice Ultra Blush and Contour Palette
Makeup Revolution Blush Palette Blush Goddess
Makeup Revolution London All About Cream Blush Palette
Makeup Revolution London Protection Palette – Medium/Dark
Makeup Revolution One For Playing Games Vivid Baked Blusher
NYX Sweet Cheeks Blush Palette
Morphe 9B Blush Palette
Zoeva Coral Spectrum Blush Palette
BH Cosmetics Duo Blush Palette