By Priyam Das
Hello everyone from a “Makeup Junkie” next door!
I am obsessed with neutral eye shadow palettes, and I am always on the look for that perfect matte brown shade to get the perfect smokey eyes. My favourite pastime is to look through various websites, and find out about various new palettes in the market that could end my search. I finally found my latest boo and its name is “I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette” from Makeup Revolution London.
The Love Affair with Chocolate continues with the stripped back eyeshadow collection in our collectable chocolate bar palettes.
Naked Chocolate is here. Containing 16 stunning eyeshadows for perfect bare to smokey eyes, mixture of shimmer and matte shades. 3D chocolate palette with full size mirror and applicator.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette:
It has all the neutral shades a girl needs for her existence and more. Let’s look at a picture of it first before I get into its review. Doesn’t the white chocolate make your mouth water and the colours make your eyes twinkle? It does that to me at least. There are exactly 16 shades in this palette that includes 7 matte shades and 9 shimmers. I don’t know if it is just me, but I feel that it smells like chocolate too.
Let me give you the name of the shadows :
1. Smoothly : This is a matte, very light pinkish colour. I use it all over my lid and crease for an excellent base colour right after applying a primer. Adding a base colour to your eyes makes it easier to blend other colours.
2. Divine: This is a shimmery light pinkish colour. A very good colour for the lid.
3. Mocha Lover: As the name suggests, it is a purple shimmery colour. The shimmer particles are bigger in this colour, just like Divine.
4. Dipped: Light brownish shimmer colour with very fine shimmer in it.
5. Choc-Fest: My favourite matte deep reddish brown shade, excellent for the outer corner of your eyes for the perfect neutral cat eye look.
6. Adorable: This is by far the most adorable light pink shimmery colour. I use it as highlighter for the brow bone and also the inner corner of my eyes.
7. Buttons: Deep purple shimmer colour with big shimmer particles. I would usually use it for the lid as I am not a fan of a shimmer colour on my crease but if you are into that you can use it for the crease as well.
8. Frosted Choc: Bronze colour with loads of shimmer in it. Perfect for a neutral bronze look.
9. Delight: This is similar to Buttons just that the shimmer particles are very fine and small.
10. Sweet Shop: This is a matte brown colour excellent for crease and also outer corner of the eyes.
11. Sugar: This is similar colour as Sweet Shop but it has very small shimmer in it.
12. Double Dip: This is a golden shimmer colour with lots of shimmer. One of my favourites for lid colours.
13. Tob-le-rone: This is a beautiful matte pinkish brown shade excellent for transition colour. I use it for blending all the colours together in the crease area.
14. Wonka: Another very beautiful matte reddish brown shade. This is a little lighter than Choc-fest.
15. Milky: The last matte shade here which slightly darker than Wonka and excellent for transition colour.
16. Way: The last colour is a gorgeous highlighter with golden speckles in it. I use it for my face highlighter and it gives a beautiful glow to my skin.
Let’s look at the swatches:
Let’s look at the pros and cons now:
Pros of Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette:
• The shades are very pigmented
• They are very smooth and apply like butter on your eyes
• This palette is enough to get as many neutral eye looks as possible
• They are very comparable to the high end shadows
• Perfect palette for a beginner to play with neutrals and to try out different shades
• The shimmers are excellent and almost no fallout at all
• There are some shades which can be used as shadows and highlighter for the face
• A great value for money product
Cons of Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette:
• There is a little amount of fallout especially for the matte shades
• A few of the matte shades are a little chalkier and would require a little more blending
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette?
I am definitely going to repurchase this palette if I finish it and is still available in the market. To all the lovely ladies looking for some neutral shades, I would say give this a palette a go.
Stay gorgeous and don’t forget to be awesome!
Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup Brow Kit I Woke Up This Groomed
Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Go! To Heaven Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Triple Baked Highlighter – Goddess of Love
Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup Atomic The WOW Stick
Makeup Revolution London I Heart Makeup Go Palette
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Urban Decay NAKED2 Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette