Don’t we all just love dupes!! Especially when we are on a budget but our heart is longing for, pining away for an “unnecessary” but “oh I sooo really want it “product, dupes are our best friend 😉
But not just any dupe! It should be from a respectable and decent brand, because our skin is infinitely more expensive! So here I am today bringing to you, the review of a much raved brand…and it’s even more raved about product: The ICONIC 3 eye shadow palette, a total dupe of the Urban decay Naked 3 Palette. So let’s see how it fared.
Price: 1200 INR
A the ultimate palette with 12 iconic shades with ultra high payoff.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette :
This palette comes in a sturdy plastic packaging.No, not the beautiful tin box of urban decay, just regular no frills packaging. The applicator wand that comes with it is also, as usual pretty useless, so the brush is another thing missing.
The Iconic 3 Palette contains a mixture of matte, satin and shimmer shadows with a lovely rosy pink theme, just like the Urban Decay Naked 3. The shades in my opinion will suit Indian skin tone perfectly. The beauty of this palette is that it has a mix of both shimmery and understated matte shades, so it’s like the perfect palette.
The shades don’t have individual names, so for the purpose of this review I will be numbering them:
1. Is extremely pale matte pinkish beige. It will be perfect as an eye shadow base.
2. Is a pale shimmery pink which is great if you just want to add a pop of shimmer…very Carrie Bradshaw-ish in s** and the city !
3. Is an n*dish pink. A very nice understated matte…it’s a bit chalky though.
4. Is an understated pink matte…thinking Aishwarya Rai in Mohabbatein…the no makeup look?
5. Is rose gold, which will go extremely well with ethnic wear.
6. Is a lovely golden shade, very bridal and ethnic.
7. Is a matte milk chocolate brown..This is where the smoky eye/western wear transition begins for me.
8. Is a metallic brown, one that will look equally good with Indian/Western look
9. Is a shimmery darker brown, another lovely shade.
10.A flashy cool toned brown
11.A deep coal toned brown
12.Is a maroons red glittery brown…very rock and roll bride
The shade selection is awesome.However the shades are powdery, you will experience a fall out .In fact without a primer they have a poor staying power.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette:
- Awesome Collection of shades in a single palette
- Shimmer shades are finely milled and not chunky
Cons of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette:
- Matte shades are extremely powdery and you will experience fallout.
- Pathetic Staying power
2.5/5 (getting all points only for colors).
Final Verdict on Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette:
A decent dupe for Urban Decay but absolutely poor staying power. I would not recommend this palette.
Is “Makeup Revolution London’s, Redemption Palette Hot Smoked” The Perfect Dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked Palette?
Dupes of Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: Ask IMBB
Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette Review, Photos
Coastal Scents 28 Piece Eye Shadow Neutral Palette Review+ MAC Dupes
e.l.f. Studio Blush Palette – Dark
ELF Studio Makeup Clutch Palette Review
BH Cosmetics 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette-1st Edition Review
Makeup Revolution London Hot Powder Blush Review