WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Product Purchased By IMBB
Skin tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
Eye color: Black
Calling all Unicorns! Unite…and change the world with your own legendary looks!
Made with the help of “Real” Unicorns in our Enchanted Magical Makeup Forest.
Containing 18 shades – 12 Shimmer and 6 Matte, in a sleek and professional palette with full size mirror.
Be Legendary. Be Revolutionary
Price and Quantity: 1350 INR for 13g
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben [+/-: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 15850, CI 16035, CI 42090, CI 77742, CI 77510, CI 77007, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 45410]
My Experience with Makeup Revolution London Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette:
Beginning with the packaging of the product. The eye shadow palette comes in a very beautiful metallic purple colored strong cardboard box. The box has the shades printed on it. It also bears the ingredients list along with a label indicating some other details. The eye shadow palette is glossy black in color. It has the brand’s tagline and product’s name embossed on it, in beautiful rose gold fonts. The palette has a very huge mirror and a dual ended soft foam applicator. The palette has 18 beautiful shades. Out of these 12 are arranged in small rectangular pans and 6 small circular pans. All these shades are customized in a single palette. They have given names to each shade, as you may check it in the pictures below. The palette looks really pretty but it seems a little delicate. So, it requires a gentle handling. Overall, I love the packaging.
The texture of these eye shadows is smooth and kind of silky. It glides so effortlessly on the eyelids, without any tugging or pulling of the delicate eye area. All the shades are soft and easily blend-able. Though, these eye shadows are in powder form but the formula in non-chalky and there is no major fall out issues with these eye shadows. Though, all the shades are shimmery in nature but there is no serious fall out issues. But a few mattes feel kind of powdery. The eye shadows do not have the tendency to crease. Though, the palette has 12 shimmery shades but none of them has a gritty texture. They go so smooth on the eyelids.
Let’s talk about each shade individually. I will discuss about the pigmentation of each shade separately. The eye shadows are arranged in three rows. Top two rows have lovely shimmery shades, while the third one has six gorgeous mattes.
First Row: This row has six shimmery shades. Let’s discuss each of these one by one.
1. Legend: It is a very beautiful champagne gold shade, with loads of fine silver colored micro shimmers. The shimmers are so finely milled and does not look chunky on the eyes. This is a perfect highlighter shade. It is decently pigmented. Two-three swipes deliver perfect color and finish.
2. Grace: It is again a highlight shade. It is a rose gold shade that is fit for highlighting purposes. The shimmers are very finely milled in the eye shadow powder and look gorgeous on the eyes. It is good in terms of pigmentation.
3. Medieval: It is my favorite shade in this row. This is a perfect copper shade. It is great for the coming festive and wedding season. It has very beautiful golden micro shimmers in it, that looks really beautiful on the eyes. Again, this shade is amazingly pigmented.
4. Unicorn: It is a perfect light pink shade, with silver colored micro shimmers in it. The color comes out very pretty on the eyes. I had used it in one of the eye swatches below, along with a few other shades. But, it quite disappointed me in term of pigmentation. The color does not show properly, even upon heavy layering and it tends to get dull with blending.
5. Believe: It is a metallic purple shade. It has a lovely metallic finish in it. It has decent pigmentation. Two-three swipes give perfect color to the eyes. Though, I love purple eye shadows but I could not make much use of purples.
6. Symbol: This is a pretty silver eye shadow, with a lovely color pay off. It is a lovely metallic shade for the festive season.
Second Row: This row also contains six metallic shades. Let’s get into the details of each of these shades individually.
1. Spiral: It is sort of greyish blue shade with purple sheen in it. I am actually not a fan of such shades, that has bluish sheen into it. The color sets to a lovely metallic finish. The formula is decently pigmented and a few swipes delivers good amount of color in a few swipes.
2. Fortune: It is a deep purple shade, with a gorgeous metallic finish. The eye shadow is amazingly pigmented. One swipe delivers good amount of color to the eyes. It is very silky and easy to blend.
3. Fantasy: It is a very dark green shade, with sparse golden colored fine micro shimmers. The shade does not look very shimmery and I find it really perfect for a dramatic green Smokey Eye look. The pigmentation of this shade is amazing; I had fallen instantly when I swatched it on my hand.
4. Beauty: It is a lovely teal green eye shadow, that is my favorite shade of the second row. It is shimmery in nature but it is not too glittery or something. It just has a beautiful sheen to it. It also wins in terms of pigmentation. One swipe delivers good amount of color to the eyes. I really love this shade for parties and wedding.
5. Spiritual: This is a mauvish-purple kind of shade, that looks very pretty on the eyes. The shade is shimmery. Since the shimmers are very finely milled in this eye shadow, the eye shadow sets to a lovely metallic finish. This is also great in terms of pigmentation. Two swipes give perfect opaque color to the eyes.
6. Creature: It is a deep grey eye shadow, with golden shimmers in it, that are quite sparse. The shimmers are quite bigger in size but non-chunky. The color looks very pretty on the eyes. It is a great for dramatic eye looks. Being a darker shade, it is very amazingly pigmented.
Third Row: This is the last row bearing six matte eye shadows. Let’s discuss them one by one.
1. Pure: It is a pure ivory white shade. It is completely matte and devoid of shimmers and glitters. It may be used for highlighting purposes. But, it did not show up well on my skin tone. The formula is decently pigmented but the color gets vanished upon blending.
2. Buttercup: It is again a highlighting shade. It is pinkish beige in color. The finish is completely matte, as I had already mentioned that, there are no shimmers in the third row. The color blends beautifully and great for highlighting purposes.
3. Unite: It is lovely matte coffee brown eye shadow. It looks really nice on the eyes and great for every day use. The finish is velvety matte. It has decent amount of pigmentation but still it requires layering to make the color pop.
4. Horn: It is a deep matte brown eye shadow, with a velvety finish. It is a gorgeous shade for softer eye makeup looks, as it looks really pretty and natural on the eyes. The pigmentation is good. Two-three swipes give good color to the eyes but the color becomes a little dull upon blending.
5. Special: It is a matte purple eye shadow. This one has an average pigmentation and it needs to be layered, so that the color comes out beautifully on the eyes.
6. History: It is perfect matte black eye shadow, with an amazing pigmentation. A little amount gives so much of color to the eyes. So, I always use such deeper shades with a light hand.
The lasting power of the shimmery eye shadows is somewhere around 4-5 hours without any eye primer underneath. On the other hand, the mattes last only for 4 hours or so with a little fading. Using an eye primer underneath enhances the longevity of these eye shadows by 2-3 hours.
Overall, this is a really good eye shadow palette for the festive and wedding season.
Pros of Makeup Revolution London Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette:
• Good packaging.
• Comes with huge mirror.
• Soft foam applicator.
• Shimmery and matte shades.
• Smooth texture.
• Glides effortlessly.
• Easy to blend.
• Decently pigmented.
• Non-chunky shimmers.
• Does not crease.
• Lasts pretty long.
Cons of Makeup Revolution London Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette:
• A few shades have poor pigmentation.
• There is a little fallout issues.
• Three-four matte shades feels a bit powdery.
• Not all shades are super pigmented as the brand claims.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Makeup Revolution London Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette again?
Yes, this palette has some great collection of shimmery and matte eye shadows.