WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This review will be on Makeup Revolution Soph x Revolution Ultra 24 Eyeshadow Palette.
The perfect mix of 14 mattes and 10 shimmer eyeshadows to create everything from a natural daytime look all the way up to full glam. The 24 versatile shades give you everything you need to create your look no matter what time of year, whether you’re looking for light shimmers, warm browns, rich golds, rusty oranges, dark smokey shades or even a pop of colour – this palette is for you!”
It retails for INR 1950 in India and for £10 with £8.95 shipping from the official Makeup Revolution International site but if you’re lucky you can buy it on Amazon for even less! It is on a slightly expensive side when it comes to drugstore palettes.
My Experience with Makeup Revolution Soph x Revolution Ultra 24 Eyeshadow Palette:
When I first saw this palette, I was in love! The colour combinations are drop-dead gorgeous. It is something a girl can carry with her everywhere as it provides a bit of everything, from a party look to a neutral office look. Soph has indeed done a great job. The quality of the palette is good. There isn’t much fallout and also some glitters transfer in a very metallic way, which I personally like.
When I swatched the colours, some mattes like pancakes, iced coffee, peaches were rather dull. They are good transition shades for fair skin, but on Indian skin, they would create no change of colour. They can simply be used to set the eyelid and nothing much. Glittery shades like “Fairy Lights” can work as a great inner corner highlight. Colours like grow old, sparks fly and smokey bronze along with festive flame, copper coin give a rich metallic look when the brush is wet. They are great for festive looks.
There is one monochromatic shade that I adore, and that is called “Petrol.” It is a great mix of brown and blue. Colours like mug cake, rosewood, and nightmare can be used to create depth and also can be used as brow powders.
- Penguin (matte): Pristine white with no fallout whatsoever!
- Grow Old (shimmer): Gorgeous warm shimmery gold. Has a bit of fallout.
- Cloudberry (matte): Vibrant yellow in a pan but more subtle on the eyelids.
- Strawberry Sweets (matte): Bright fuchsia pink.
- Pancakes (matte): Doesn’t show up on deeper skin.
- Sparks Fly (shimmer): Similar to grow old just more on the cooler side.
- Pumpkin (matte): This orangy red will take your heart. It’s pigmented and buttery.
- Festive Flame (shimmer): It’s a satin brunt red. Didn’t impress me much.
- Fairy Lights (shimmer): A white shimmery eyeshadows with a bit of fallout.
- Smokey Bronze (shimmer): A dark bronze shimmer. The formula is still as soft, buttery and pigmented.
- Pine Tree (shimmer): Be aware of some major fallout from this green beauty.
- Copper Coin (shimmer): Toned down copper.
- Pink Champagne (shimmer): It is a buttery and pigmented shimmery shade, but it can cause some fallout.
- Mixed Berries (shimmer): Smooth and pigmented warm-toned purple with a subtle sheen.
- Petrol (shimmer): A duochrome dark blue shimmery shade with no fallout.
- Mug Cake (matte): a basic warm-toned brown.
- Iced Coffee (matte): Not as pigmented as the other browns.
- Tiramisu (matte): A beautiful mauve with great pigmentation.
- Pug (matte): Another one with bad pigmentation.
- Rosewood (matte): A cool toned brown.
- Cuppa Tea (matte): Best of all the browns in the lot. Buttery and pigmented.
- Peaches (matte): dark peachy pink. great for the crease.
- Danger (matte): Cool toned red with good pigmentation.
- Nightmare (matte): A basic well-pigmented black.
Pros of Makeup Revolution Soph x Revolution Ultra 24 Eyeshadow Palette:
- Great colour range.
- Amazing quality.
- Very less fallout.
- Multipurpose eyeshadow palette.
Cons of Makeup Revolution Soph x Revolution Ultra 24 Eyeshadow Palette:
- A bit expensive for a drugstore palette.
- Some colours don’t show up on darker skin.
All in all, this is something you’d love if you like the colour scheme.
I would give it 4/5.
Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette Affirmation
Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave 30 Eyeshadow Palette
Dior 5 Couleurs 797 Feel Eyeshadow Palette
Juvia’s Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette
Viseart 03 Bridal Satin Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette