Last Monday, I went to this beauty store and bought a few products. Thought I would increase my joy by sharing them with you.
Stuff I bought:
1. Lakme Kohl Utimate: Rs.650/-
2. Lakme Glide on Eye Colour Pencil- Smoky Green: Rs.275/-
3. Lakme 9 to 5 Forever Silk Eyeliner- Electric Violet, Blacklast: Rs.395/- each.
4. Lakme Liplove Lip Conditioners- Charmer, Hottie, Flirt, Siren: Rs.225/- each.
5. Lakme Satin Lip Gloss- Clear: Rs.325/-
6. Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour- Sand, Terracotta, Orchid: Rs.425/- each.
7. Lakme Eye-shadow Quartet- Desert Rose: Rs.425/-
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip gloss- Cranberry Cocktail, Raspberry Sorbet, Plumtastic, Bronze Goddess: Rs.250/- each.
9. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara: Rs.310/-
10. Maybelline Expert Eye Pencil- Black: Rs.275/-
11. Faces Stackable Eye Shadow- Enchanted: Rs.450/-
12. Lakme Nail Paint- Tarun Tahiliani No.20: Rs.90/-
And now in some detail…
1. Lakme Kohl Ultimate: when the SA swatched it, I was in heaven seeing the dark black colour. Moreover, I tried smudging it with my hand but the thing didn’t budge! I immediately bought it and later when I checked the bill, I made another trip to heaven, this time rather an unpleasant one: the thing costs Rs.650/-. Surely, there must be something wrong with the Lakme guys, or the Store SA, or Me.
L-R: Kohl Ultimate, Glide on Pencil Smoky Green, 9 to 5 eyeliner in Blacklast, Electric Violet, Maybelline Expert Eyes Black.
2. Lakme Glide On Eye Colour Pencil: Bought the shade Smokey Green. I am quite pleased with the pencil as well as the beautiful colour it gives.
3. Lakme 9 to 5 Forever Silk Eyeliner: I bought two colours: Electric Violet and Blacklast. While Blacklast is your regular black colour, Electric Violet is a dark purplish blue (love it). However, I am not very happy with the pricing, bit too high, isn’t it?
L-R: Kohl Ultimate, Glide on Pencil Smoky Green, 9 to 5 eyeliner in Blacklast, 9 bto 5 eyeliner in Electric Violet, Maybelline Expert Eyes Black.
4. Lakme Liplove Lip Conditioners: Bought all four colours. You just can’t resist these cute tubs.
Clockwise from top Left: Flirt, Charmer, Hottie, Siren.
5. Lakme Satin Lipgloss: I needed a clear lip gloss, one that is devoid of glitters and this one was the best I could find. An absolutely Clean and clear gloss- no glitters, no shimmers.
6. Lakme Aquashine Lipcolor: I am pretty happy with these lip colors and have used Old Rose, Plum and Sangria. But this time I wanted to try some new colour; and I am very happy with the colours I bought. Pretty, aren’t they?
L-R: terracotta, orchid, sand.
7. Lakme Eye-Shadow Quartet: Ummm…I have mixed feelings about this one. The colours are nice but a little too shimmery, I think, but very pigmented; my Mom is a huge fan of these eyeshadows.
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss: I bought them because I loved the colours..in fact, I still do. 😛
L-R: Plumtastic, Raspberry Sorbet, Bronze Goddess, Cranberry Cocktail. (in both pictures)
9. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara: It promises a lump-and-clump-free result. Well, let’s see.
10. Maybelline Expert Eye Pencil: I had asked for a good black eye pencil and that is when the SA thrust this one (and the 9 to 5 and kohl ultimate one) under my nose and said, “Take all, you won’t be disappointed.” But, I am a little disappointed with this. It smudges.
11. Faces Stackable Eye Shadow: I had actually gone to check out the quartets but the SA told me these were cheaper. Considering, you get 5 colours for Rs.450 compared to the Quartets which are Rs.499, these aren’t a bad buy. Plus, I love the stacks idea. Buy more and just twist and fix them to the original stack.
12. Lakme Nail Paint: I had basically no plan of buying nail polishes, but when the SA applied this colour on my nail, I loved it. It’s a beautiful light pink colour infused with golden and silver shimmer. Suitable for all skin tones.
Well, that’s it for now. All in all, I am quite satisfied with the buy (except for the kohl ultimate price, better use maybelline colossal kajal which gives similar results).
And oh, Special mention 😛 my boyfriend gave me a few stuffs as a part of his farewell gift to me 😀
These are the things he got me:- :jiggy1:
1. Colorbar I-glide Pencils in Prunella, Coal-mine, Flirty Turq and Passionately Gold.
L-R: Flirty Turq, Passionately Gold, Prunella, Coalmine.
2. Bourjois Lip Tint: Shade No.87- It’s a beautiful brown with a light tinge of prune, wonder how he chose it. He’s not exactly very colour-co-ordinated 😛 (Thought I would share this with you all: Once I sent him a few snaps of two dresses I had bought, one purple and another beige and asked him which one I should wear the day I went to meet him next. He replied saying, “the dark-brown one.” Uhhh….am still trying to figure that one out. :-D)
3. Very Irresistable Eau de Toilette by Givenchy.
Hope this haul made you add to your already-brimming-with-makeup-products list. 😛
151 thoughts on “Makeup Shopping: Lakme, Maybelline, Colorbar, Givenchy”
Awesome haul!!! that a lot of makeup for one buy :makeup: :makeup: :makeup:
yup….i am a very obsessive buyer!!! :toothygrin:
Am going green red blue orange………. sooooooooo much makeup :pan: :pan: :green: :green: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: i too wanna go shopping sooooooooooooooonnnn :waaa: :waaa: how about a robbery in Riz’s house tonite?? :waiting: :waiting: :phoolan: :phoolan:
:secret2: :secret2: :secret2: :jog: :jog: :jog: :jog: :jog:
Nids u are my robbery partner tonite…..lets make a foolproof plan.
oh no.. :yikes: …i am posting security guards!!!! :pan:
u bought the whole Lakme counter… :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
She left the SA behind… should have brought her home too O:)
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
hehehe ..good one 😀
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
😆 😆 😆 😆 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: nice :hihi: :hihi:
she gave me numbet though…. 😉 told me I could call her anytime and she’ll send me the products i need next home!!!! 😛
hainnn…. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
That’s a neat haul..Do review the eyeshadow stack in detail…
ok….i’ll do it if you insist, but there’s not much to it….you get them in stacks of 5 colours and you can buy more colours and twist them up in place! Oh…and they are nicely pigmented, but quite shimmery and there is quite a bit of fall-out!! 🙂
u bought all 4 lip conditioners… :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali: :hunterwali:
Lakme’s fault… they are not making enough lip conditioners O:)
hauuu… :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
true!!! lakme guys….you need to make more of these!!!! :hihi: :makeup:
& u were in a lil hurry while putting up tht nail paint na.. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Yes she was…she dipped her finger inside the bottle, and then cleaned rest of the thumb with a cleanser O:)
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
By the way Riz, dil pe mat lena, just joshing you 🙂
:angel: :angel: :angel:
😯 how did you know???? Have you installed spy cams in my house or something??? :yikes:
let me go and check!!!! :sidefrown:
no….the thing is….i was in a little hurry….and the most important reason is: i am clumsy!! :X-P:
u shud be in a hurry dear.. u had to clik soo many pics na… of ur makeup HAULAAAAA :tongue: :toothygrin:
humka de de thakur :zombiekiller:
wait me going to go take a second look
i have desert rose , faces encahnted stackable n givenchy one :woot:
Mere paas maan hai. O:)
:toothygrin: bade dino baad
a good line to use anytime…….
wowwww riz…. awesome haul!!!!
oh gosh, i totally can understand that feeling. :woot: i just went unstable for a day shopping today at TBS, Lakme and Maybelline…i think the store needs to re-stock…however, i too picked few of the above mentioned. Will share the haul tomro…excited…yey yey yey …until i checked my bank balance post shopping. :waaa:
Ummm… why don’t you guys ever go unstable by donating your makeup stuff sometime? 😐 😐
oh i do sanjeev…my BFF have a field day ransacking my collection…i have sensitive skin, so all my trial products are usually the take aways :waytogo:
donate???? to whom??? 😮
Givenchy Very irresistable…my 2nd fav perfume 🙂
My gosh, this is some serious shopping haul !! Awesome ! :woot:
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
:wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt:
itnaaaa saari shoppppingggggg :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt:
:angel: :angel: :angel:
fab haul riz.. :yes:
thank you so much….!!! 🙂
OMG!! thats the god of all hauls!! 😛 😛 Hope to see some reviews soon!
hehehe….thank you…. :))
i will review a few stuffs….
ye koi baat hoti hain….koi itna make up ek sath kharidta hain kya…upper se boy frn ji ne to aur bhi loaded kar dia.huh huh huh~ :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:
The are a ‘few’ stuff Riz ???? :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:
Then I have no stuff at all 😐 😐 😐
Hey Riz….so many things you bought :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: and all the love lip conditioners…………….. :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: what shade is that nail polish…its lovely…..
that’s Tarun Tahiliani No.20…..it has no name!!! but it’s very pretty….i have just applied it very clumsily…… :silly:
Lakme people would be so happy today Riz!! 😀 😀 😀
Good morning everyone!! 🙂
oh yeah…..I am representing them!!!! :shying: :rotfl:
Hi Jomolllllllllllllllll… 😀 😀 You had your breakfast?
yes I had cali….plain old upma :weep: :weep:
wat did you have Cali :sarcasm: :whistle:
i toh havnt had breakfast abhi tak :huh:
Good mng JOMO and Cali!!!!
Morning Bee! 🙂 🙂
HIiiiiiiiiiii Beeeeeee :woot: :woot:
Heyoooo how are you gals??? kya ho raha hain?
Kuch nahin Beeeeeeeeeeeee…..my relatives are coming over next week….busy preparing….and house renovate ho raha hai …that kept me buzy buzy…..but now…..I think I am fully back :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
what you doing Bee 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉
I also need to get some work in our house done… time hi nahin mil raha hai 🙁
oh………renovation work Sanjeevji……its so tiring even if you are just paying the money and supervising….takes a lot of energy :weep: :weep: :weep:
I meant **renovation work KYA Sanjeevji….he he he 😀
You mean I should find a new house to save all the trouble? :toothygrin:
:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
Riz, what can i say, its awesome collection, superb colors!!!
Rati, one thing out of topic, i am facing problems opening this page… normally i google makeupandbeauty, and then clink on the link of the home page from the search results…. but today, whenever i tried to do that, a small box is opening up asking for options save or cancel, as if i am trying to download something… i donot know if anybodody else also faced this… but it is kind of wired…
Y me too get this problem many times for past 1 month…n sometimes the site doesn’t open up…I thought it was only me!! :secret2: :secret2:
Which browser are you girls using Gini and Pooja?
I too face this problem while opening a post. But when I try again after sometime, the problem is fixed. I use Google Chrome.
Heyyy I know someone who had that problem…was using IE and Mozilla. This happened only one day…by end of the day it disappeared…and never happened after that. Was asking to save/download something. I didn’t have the problem though.
this might be some kind of virus kya :tremble:
like when once I was browsing through google…..it was saving something automatically
No I don’t thinkkk so, Jomol…because naaa the problem disappeared on its own by end of the day..in fact just a few hours later. And I never had that problem at all…so I don’t know why it happened. Like same internet address naa…but I didnt get the problem.
use macbook :preen:
😐 errr..I did not have problem…I have HP ka sasta tikauuuuu book 😀 Ppl who had the problem has certain other brands 😀
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
using mozilla sanjeevji happens two three times then restart browser…or open a new tab n try..all becomes well then!!
I had a feeling this would be Mozilaa or IE… I doubt this is a virus but I’ll ask my server guys to check.. please hold on.
But I used Sanjeev…same time….same place…different computer…no problem. Neither on IE or Mozilla.
One more problem i face is that, sometimes it takes more time to load this page. While other sites load soon ?:)
no Gini….I am not having this problem……..try restarting your system and then open the page again…
did that… did not help… anyways, now that i could finally open the page, i will not close it today :dumb:
😛 😛 😛
I’m drooling! Lovely haul Riz. 😀 I want to go shopping again.
yup……that’s the whole idea!!!! :tongue:
3 aquashine glosses 4 maybelline glosses all 4 lip condnr 4 eye glide pencils!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY loot!!!!! :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
me want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
i know!!!! even i am wondering what went wrong with me!!! i should probly go to a shrink…. :tremble:
riz you getting married kya? :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
married??? 😀 hehehe….i m only 19…….
good morning everyone :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
gorgeous morning rati :pompom: :pompom: :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
HIiiiiiiiiiiii Ratiiiii :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo
good morning jomol, good morning fahee :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
SOoooooooooo manyyyyyyyy glosses and I pencils …I m nt sure whether to go green or any other color…… :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Umm….Riz do u mind giving one item away to each IMBBian :secret2: ….I am sure there would enough left for u 2 :happydance: :happydance:
:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: spoilt mood out of sheer jealousy early in the morning :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
‘few products’ ? 😯
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Ratiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 😀 Gooood maarning 😀 😛
goodd morning :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
no good morning to me :smug: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Nooooobodyyyyyyyyyyyy say good morning to Jomolayyy…yipppeeeeyayyyyyy…made my morning night even better yipppe yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
i said to her :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:
Yah….rati said hi to me…………please anyone don’t say hiiiiiiiiiiii to rads…she scared off a fedex guy :pigtail: :pigtail: :pigtail: :pigtail: :pigtail:
I said hi to her also. 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 how did she scare off the fedex guy :hihi:
Good mnt Rati- did you hear MAc launching new collection ion august
MAC is launchng new new things all the time !!!!!! I don’t like them :hunterwali:
:toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
good morning bee n cali.. mac toh launching all the time :headbang:
this time fall collection- only lippies.. 😀
wahhh!!! onlly lippies :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: am looking forward to it :drool:
kya baat 😀
Shabaash to ur haul :woot:
n i am even more excited..my bf has been transferred to dilli..your haul gave me some ideas :devil: :devil:
@Shailii…. toot pado…. hehehehe
haan bas aane do usko..humesha used to ask…kya lau tumhare liye 😀
Now to cut his pains..i ll seedha show him teh bills :toothygrin:
:waytogo: bill ka length kam se kum tumhari height tak honi chahiye :high5: :high5:
Thats seriously awesome haul :woot: :woot: You bought almost entire lakme counter..i dont think anything else is left :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
wow……i so want to get one of those lip love balms Great haul……..in fact just too good a haul :stars:
amazing haul 🙂 i liked the aquashine ones the most…esp. terracotta 🙂 and the stacks look very cute 🙂
U spent 6765/- on one day :stars: :stars:
I literally calculated that :devil: :devil:
oh my!!!! the very first time i went makeup shopping, i had spent 14k…. 😮
14 k?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? mar gayi!FLY GIRL DEAD! :puppy:
my god! giant haul!!! very nice. :stars: :woot:
good marning peoplezzzzzzzzzzzzz…….
Which mall did you lootofy?
And that’s some awesome stuff you got there. :thumbsup:
Can’t wait to get my hands on the lip conditioner.
its a drugstore….no mall….
n yeah…the liploves are great!!!!!
alo ladkiyon kya chalu?me just had lunch.chole bhature :jalwa:
…I want chole bhatre now. :weep: :weep:
I had sambar and rice. :lol2:
Same old,same old.
and then she cribs for having oily skin :headbang:
:waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
Now even I want to go and do some make up hauling. 😥
But,I must say,That is quite a lovely collection you have!! :hihi:
:yahoo: thanks!!!! 😀
wow, loved everything, especially the lakme’s terracotta and the maybelline glosses. You know I’ve never actually done a haul… I’ve always just nipped to the store and got myself one or two things now and then.. I must do this, it is soo much fun!
it’s so much fun shopping in bulk. Give it a try, Shai. you’d enjoy doing it. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Only thing is all of us would be so green :yikes:
you should totally splurge once in a while!!!
Guys, you’re corrupting me! And Im the one who preaches savings and moderation at home!