By Parinita Mahindrakar
Ola to all the gorgeous ladies out there!
Are you so busy with college/work/household activities that you just completely forget to take good care of your hair? Do you have a party or a meeting to attend where you want to flaunt your hair with pride without shelling out too much on those pricey hair spa treatments? Well, this DIY is for you, you beauty! This hair mask is enriched with the goodness of the king of fruits, Mango! Yes, mango on hair! Also, before I begin, I want to mention that I am so excited to join IMBB as a writer after being such an avid reader and relying on IMBB product reviews for almost all the products I buy!
• Freshly extracted pulp of one mango
• Castor oil – 8-9 teaspoons
• Coconut oil – 7 teaspoons
• Egg – 1
• Honey – 2 teaspoons
• Vanilla extract – 3-4 teaspoons
Procedure to Make The Mask:
1. Put and mix mango pulp, castor oil, coconut oil, egg and honey in a bowl.
2. Beat all the above mentioned ingredients together with the help of a spoon or you can also whip them up with a whisker for better results.
Note: The better it is mixed, the easier its application will be.
3. Now, lastly add the vanilla extract to the bowl and beat up well.
If you do not get hold of vanilla extract or oil, you can always go for vanilla essence which is efficiently available at any grocery store (which then will only help eradicate the unpleasant smell of egg).
4. And well, this is optional and I added Aloe Vera flesh just because “I wanted to do a little more!” 😛
Also, deep down inside, every girl knows the prosperity of Aloe Vera!
Directions to Apply The Mask:
1. Comb your hair with a detangling comb. This should be the most imperative habit in every hair regimen you follow.
Detangling your hair before applying a hair mask or hair pack or even oil lessens the chances of hair loss while washing it off and also helps to apply the pack evenly.
2. Part your hair in 4 different sections and hold the other 3 with a large clip while applying on one of the sections.
3. Apply the hair pack with a dye applicator brush or simply, use your hand!
4. After you are done applying, leave the mixture on for about 45 minutes to an hour with your hair tied neatly in a top knot bun (You can dance to your favorite tune or watch TV all this while).
5. After you feel the mixture has been dried up, you can use your favorite shampoo and conditioner trailed by your regular serum.
Voila! Say bonjour to happy hair days!!
Benefits of Ingredients Used:
This hair pack is loaded with the goodness of Mango. And, this tropical seasonal fruit is a natural moisturizer as it is high in Vitamin A, C & E which benefits itchy scalp and promotes the healthy growth of the hair and keeps your hair strong and lustrous for weeks.
Another important additive is egg, which is rich in protein that keeps your hair follicle strong and reduces split ends (you don’t have to chop your precious locks off) and gives the hair the sheen that it deserves.
Honey, because it is a natural softener and natural antioxidant, which means it can boost the suppressed hair follicle on the scalp.
Traditional blind hair care ingredients like Castor and coconut oil to fight dandruff or flaky scalp related issue.
And lastly, vanilla extract because you don’t want to smell reeking like hot scrambled egg platter. And hey, vanilla extract has its added benefits! It helps eliminating unwelcome toxins that sticks onto your hair due to pollution! (Double treat :D)
This DIY was just another curious experiment done by me while I was on my holidays after an overloading semester where I could not take care of my hair at all because of unending juries and submissions. This DIY is recommended for frizzy, dull, breakage prone hair. I am very happy with this DIY since it gives instant and lasting results. My hair seems shiner, voluminous and definitely stronger after this. I shall use this DIY whole summer. And, what more? Mango fun!!! You can totally eat the unused pulp extract (at least, I did the same).
I hope you find this DIY successful too. Do let me know in the comments below on how you like it
Until next time, love!
Image Source: 1
Benefits Of Mango for Skin Care, Hair, and Good Health
Beauty Benefits Of Eggs- Tips And Applications
9 Super Foods for Healthy and Luscious Hair
Homemade Mango and Sandalwood Face Mask For Soft and Glowing Skin
The Body Shop Mango Butter
Maybelline Baby Lips Mango Pie
Dove Elixir Nourished Shine
Alberto VO5 Nourish Me Truly Shampoo For Damaged Hair
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss