Claims : Erase the past, perfect the present and protect the future with this breakthrough buildable gel. Features best-in-class gel performance with first-to-market buoyancy gel technology. This anti-aging foundation protects and hydrates skin with coconut water extracts. From natural-to-full coverage, your skin is awakened to its original translucence and clarity. See it as it was before too much sun, too many late nights, and prepare it for tomorrow as well. Best applied with The Face I liquid foundation brush.
Price : USD 48 for 30 ml/ Rs 2,900 approx
Shades Available : 16
My Experience with Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation :
I use this in shade 42 Golden Light. I am NC 35 in MAC Foundation and this foundation matches my skin tone. I absolutely LOVEEE this foundation.
- The packaging is gorgeous. There is a frosted glass bottle and a silver pump attached. There is black cap that closes with a satisfying click.
- The texture of the foundation is lightweight. I was expecting it be be gel like but I think it is pretty much the same consistency as any other liquid foundation. Neither too liquidy nor too creamy. But easy to spread.
- It is light to medium coverage. I can still see my skin see through it. You’d notice in these pics that the mole on my cheek is very clearly visible..slightly diffused but not completely concealed. I wouldn’t claim it to be a buildable or full coverage foundation.It looks a bit fake if you apply too much of it.
- I evens out the skin-tone without feeling cakey or heavy. I absolutely love how it almost feels so natural on the skin.
- The finish is semi matte. It is slightly on the glowy/ dewy side.
- There are 16 shades available in this foundation, which is brilliant. I tried atleast 3-4 shades before picking up the Golden Light shade. The shades are quite close to each other with varying undertones. It’s best that you try the shade at the store before you purchase it. My shade I feel that is slightly yellower…just a bit. Since the coverage is not so full on, it works just fine.
- It photographs very well and looks just fine even with flash photography.
- It has a fragrance to it that kinda subsides after a while. I don’t like fragranced makeup products but I don’t mind the fragrance of this one.
- It lasts all day long without fading or getting patchy.
- I have dry skin and it has never accentuated any dry patches on my skin. But what I noticed about this foundation is that my skin looks slightly shiny after a few hours. I mean I mostly don’t have to bother about powdering my face too often because of my dry skin. But especially during this humid weather we are having these days, I definitley feel the need to powder my skin again after may be 4 hours or so. But when the weather was a little dry, it was working perfectly fine and adding a little glow to the skin.
- I have tried using this foundation both with finger tips and a foundation brush. I have never faced any problem with the application.
- It does not accentuate pores or settle in fine lines.
- The foundation is oil free.
- Did not break me out.
- Marc Jacobs products are not available in India yet. Closer home there is always Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. 🙂
Overall, it is an absolutely fabulous foundation for day to day wear. But if you are looking for something full coverage, this might not be the one to go for. This is going to be my go to foundation as the weather gets colder here. I love the little natural glow it adds to the skin. I’d recommend it to those with dry to normal to combination skin. For people with oily skin it might be a bit too shiny. Also, I would recommend it to people who already have good skin to start with. It’s not a heavy duty foundation that would give you that flawless finish. It’s like you hide your skin a little and you show it a little kinds… Love it! 🙂
Rating : 4.5/5
And found this little video on Sephora. Check it out. 🙂
Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation Review, Swatch
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in 118 Roll the Dice Review
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Neo-Noir
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Parfum
Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel in Blacquer
Daisy Marc Jacobs Luminous Body Lotion
Lola Marc Jacobs Body Lotion
Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Eau De Toilette