Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation Review, Swatch
A patented powder foundation with versatile coverage and a feather-light finish.
What it does:
Not just a foundation; not just a powder. Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation has a superior, silky finish that instantly brightens skin, diffuses flaws, and erases shine. Infused with antiaging and hydrating ingredients, this breakthrough formula delivers long-lasting, buildable coverage that will carry you from morning rituals to midday touchups. The delightful, featherweight texture ensures a perfect finish. See your skin as it was before too much sun, too many late nights, or just prepare it for tomorrow.
What else you need to know:
With long-lasting, buildable coverage, this foundation can be used as a finishing powder with Genius Gel Foundation. The collection of shades corresponds with Genius Gel Foundation shade numbers and names.
Price : USD 46/ Rs 2700 approx
Shades Available : 10
My Experience with Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation
I took a long time to make this powder foundation work for me and honestly, I am not completely impressed with it.
- It comes packed in a very chic glossy black packaging. There is a black cover given along with that would prevent the case from getting the scratches. Also, a sponge comes along with it. The pouch has a pocket for the sponge. So here’s the con, when you have to carry your compact with you you would have to carry the whole thing. The sponge does not have a place to fit inside the main powder case. Well, it keeps the powder hygienic this way but it is a bit of a hassle.
- There is a BIG mirror attached inside and I absolutely love it.
- There are 10 shades available. The shade I picked up is Golden 360 and it matches my skin-tone perfectly.
- After a lot of tests and trials, I found that it works best with a big fluffy brush. The fluffy brush helps the product spreads easily and adds a ‘teeny’ bit coverage.
- The coverage is suppper sheer. You can build it a tad bit if you work the product with sponge…the one that comes along with it.
- There are days when I just want to use concealer and add a bit of powder to finish off my look. It does not provide any major coverage as such. It feels I have applied nothing on skin. The pro is that this looks super natural and works as a great setting powder. I mean your makeup looks fresh hours and hours after using this. The con is that since they named it a ‘Featherweight Foundation‘, it could have provided a bit more coverage.
- If you have oily skin and you want a mattifying powder, this might not help. But what it would help is that it would control the shine of your face for more than 4 hours or so. It gives a very natural finish, does not mattify but sort of sets the makeup from moving. Some of my face products are very dewy. The weather is super humid here these days. My ‘T’ zone tends to get shiny. But with this powder I have noticed that I have to do less touchups during the day.
- It neither mattifies, nor adds glow…just makes your look ‘my skin but better’ kinds.
- The texture is silky smooth. It does not feel heavy or cakey on skin.
- Even though I have dry skin, it does not accentuate any dry patches on my skin.
- Has never broken me out.
- Does not have any fragrance.
- It gives a smooth look to the skin. It definitley makes my pores look a bit smaller.
- A HUGE PLUS – it is free of talc and parabens. So it would never clog your pores.
Overall, I think you can easily skip this. At this price point you have an amazing selection of finishing powders or powder foundations. Some days I get irritated that this does not provide enough coverage until I really make an effort. I end up using my Chanel Les Beiges that makes my skin look MUCH better than this does. If you have oily skin, the best way to use is that finish all your makeup and then use this as a last product. It would help control the shine and make your makeup look fresher for longer.
As much as I love the liquid foundation from MARC Jacobs, this totally did not live up to my expectations.
Rating : 3.25/5
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in 118 Roll the Dice Review
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Neo-Noir
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Parfum
Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel in Blacquer
Daisy Marc Jacobs Luminous Body Lotion
Lola Marc Jacobs Body Lotion
Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Eau De Toilette
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!