Marc Jacobs Understudy (114), Voila (120) Lovemarc Lip Gel Review, Swatch
Marc Jacobs Voila 120 Lovemarc Lip Gel
- New gellified formula combines creaminess, comfort, and a sleek shine finish.
- Plumping pigments increase volume while reducing signs of age.
- Fall in love with the sleek magnetic case and iconic dot closure.
- A selective color range of 16 shades inspired by Marc’s favorite movies.
Price : $30 / Rs 1,800 approx
My Experience with MARC Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Lipsticks
Voila 120 is a beautiful fuchsia pink. It has reddish undertones. Understudy 114 is a soft peachy brown color. For some people it might be a perfect n*de shade. On me it looks more pale peach shade.
I love both the shades. I am totally addicted to these lipsticks. 🙂
- The texture of these lipsticks is soft glossy. The glossy / creamy texture makes lips look plump and healthy.
- They feel lightweight and hydrating when applied on lips.
- Both the lipsticks are pretty pigmented and can be built up to a full on bright lip color with a few swipes. Plus, they don’t get cakey.
- They is no bleeding or smudging of the color.
- They don’t accentuate the fine lines of lips.
- They have a soft vanilla fragrance. Pretty much like your MAC lipsticks.
- They glide on easily and are pretty creamy. But not creamy to the extent that they’d sit your lips and settle in fine lines. In my opinion it is the perfect texture – a mix of gel and cream.
- The only annoying and very annoying thing about these lipsticks is the staying power. 3 hours and they are gone completely from my lips. Even the bright fuchsia color disappears with no stain on lips. 🙁 So I have to literally layer on the color with “patting with a tissue and reapplying the lipstick” technique. Only then they last long and leave a stain behind after a few hours.
- The packaging is gorgeous. The outer casing is glossy black. And they have a magnetic closure that closes with a super satisfying click. 😀
- Marc Jacobs products are not available in India yet but they are launching in Sephora India in a few months. So yayyy!!! 🙂
Despite the sad staying power, I totally enjoy wearing these lipsticks. They look great on lips and feel absolutely great. Even on sad lips say, these lipsticks make lips look good. Worth trying 🙂
Rating : 3.95/5
Marc Jacobs Understudy 114 Lovemarc Lip Gel
left understudy, right voila Swatches : left – voila, right – understudy
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in 118 Roll the Dice Review
Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel Neo-Noir
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Parfum
Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel in Blacquer
Daisy Marc Jacobs Luminous Body Lotion
Lola Marc Jacobs Body Lotion
Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Eau De Toilette
Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation Review, Swatch
Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super Charged Foundation Review, Swatch
20 thoughts on “Marc Jacobs Understudy (114), Voila (120) Lovemarc Lip Gel Review, Swatch”
Rati u r looking voila in voila:-D
thank you mona. 😀 😀
I love how pretty you look with Voila on you, Rati! 🙂 The combination of your lip color and your pretty earrings is just rocking! 🙂
thanks padmashree 🙂
both the shades are awesome! u look gorgeous in the pic with voila! but understudy gives a very smoky, sultry look!! love it!!
thanks prajakti. 🙂 i enjoy wearing both of them. 🙂
Omgg Rati beauty ki devi u look! u look awesome and loving the earrings too!
loving all your looks these days!
lipsticks look amazing!
thanks neha :)) hahha!!
I am loving Understudy on you!! What a shade!! ♥ superb FOTD :*
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous….Rati…. 🙂
thank you vinitha. :))
thanks princy 🙂
i am so in love with the voila FOTD, fun loving and fresh pic with a million dollar smile 🙂
Both look superb on u rati…. Beautiful choices
thanks arpita. 🙂 thanks sumera 🙂
Hi Rati…the smile in fotd does say which one do you personally like more :)….Though both look great on you. As its said correctly fashion is about comfort and confidence.
i think you are reading too much. i love both the shades. sometimes some pics come out better than the others. :)) thank you 🙂
I personally loved voila on you…you look so glamorous and oh my gosh your hair again :))
Both colours look lovely on you Rati – you are looking Gorgeous as always!
love love love both shades on u.. <3 <3 picture perfect!!!
*woot* *woot* *woot*