Margosa Holy Basil Body Scrub Soap
This is made from Margosa and Holy Basil Oil, Purified water and glycerine soap base.
The 125 gm bar costs Rs.130 and has a shelf life of 2 years.
I purchased this from craftsvilla.com an online shopping portal you must visit at least once. They had awesome discount offers after I did my first purchase [hand bag] so got very tempted to try their soaps. That is when I bought this for less than half the price !!
The soap is dark green in color as that of neem and the other side of the soap has a scrub pad. This is how it looked initially but as I started using it, the scrub like thing started wearing off and came into tiny bits like that of wood !! Though this does not disturb me much I have to make sure that such tiny bits doesn’t stay on my body anymore after the bath.
The soap has a strong fragrance. It doesn’t smell like neem exactly but something herbal. If you are a person who likes the herbal smell and who enjoys a herbal bath will love this for sure. Though the fragrance is very strong the same does not linger around for a long time. Once you are done with your bath you can hardly feel the smell.
The bar is pretty big and heavy and I think this is going to last me for good 2-3 months [even if used everyday]. Make sure you keep it in a dry place as it tends to get easily dissolved if it stays soaked in water.
Pros of Margosa Holy Basil Body Scrub Soap
• Easily available online. Check out www.craftsvilla.com.
• 100% veg.
• You are helping village artisans in India by buying this soap.
• The bar is pretty big and heavy and it lasts really long.
• Gives the feel of a herbal bath [if the fragrance is not disturbing you].
Cons of Margosa Holy Basil Body Scrub Soap
• Very strong fragrance. Sometimes I even get head ache that I rush to finish my bath.
• The scrub is not very helpful. Actually I don’t understand the purpose of it !
• The fragrance doesn’t last long. The smell vanishes as soon as you step out of the shower. Though I don’t expect all the strong fragrance to linger around I expect at least a faint smell to be felt for quite some time.
My Rating– 3/5
Will I Repurchase– No, but might try their other soaps. I can’t bear the strong smell and also I don’t like the scrub wearing off. So I am not too fond of it. Might be this will be a good summer soap.
I have already got their Mango soap and I am yet to try it!
Victoria’s Secret Spa : Body Wash, Scrub, Lotion
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Body Scrub
The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub
Victoria’s Secret Strawberry & Champagne Stimulating Body Scrub
Skin Polishing at Home: Body Scrub
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Exhilarating Body Wash
Biotique Basil and Red Sandalwood Body Talc