Jewellery is undoubtly the most important accessory that a woman has in her wardrobe. A fine piece can give much desired elegance even to a plain boring outfit. In short it is necessary to put a finishing touch on any dress.
Though there are no hard and fast rules about wearing your favourite pieces but, still there are few points that should be kept in mind before you decide to wear a particular piece.
Mentioned below are few factors that should be kept in mind while selecting a piece of jewellery to go with your outfit.
• No matter how much you adore each and every piece of your collection you should not wear all of them together. Always keep in mind the ‘less is more’ mantra. Create one focal point with a fabulous piece and tone down the rest. For instance a pair of diamond earrings or an elegant string of pearls will look much better than bundle of gold chains hanging down.
• Also, pay attention to your physique while selecting a piece for yourself. For example if you’re a very petite woman, jewellery that is too large may not look right on you. On the other hand, if you’re a larger woman, small jewellery may look lost on you.
• Pick an outfit that you feel is perfect for the occasion, and then find the jewellery to match or complement it. This will give you more freedom to accessorize your look well. Opt for fine jewellery, rhinestones or pieces with more intricate designs for a formal gathering. For a casual get together, you can play up with fashion jewellery or jewellery with semi-precious gems. Whereas, simple designs and smaller pieces look best in a professional setting.
• Pay attention to the colour of your dress. If you are wearing a basic black dress, it is a great opportunity to incorporate bold colour choices into your outfit for an amazing look. Don’t be afraid to try large statement pieces like a bib necklace with bright colours. Flashy, dangling earrings look superb with simple outfits; they add oomph to an outfit without risking its simplicity. In case you have opted for a multiple coloured outfit, then you must chose one central colour of the outfit and then accessorize accordingly.
• Pay attention to the length of hair as well. Long hair worn down should be matched with studded earrings and shorter necklaces, while short hair or hair worn up should be matched with dangling earrings and long necklaces.
Just use your imagination and let your personality shine beyond anything else.
Hope these tips help you to select that perfect piece for yourself. Do not hesitate to wear whatever you want to till the time you feel attractive, comfortable and confident in it.
What points do you keep in mind while selecting your jewellery?
How To Store Jewellery, Bags, Belts, Bangles
Jewelry: Indian Designer Jewellery
How To Wear Gold Jewellery
All About Gold & My Personal Gold Jewellery Collection
How to Take Care of Silver Jewellery
Jewelry: How to Clean Jewellery at Home
Indian Bridal Jewelry Tips by Shaheen Abbas
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories