As you all know I am never loyal towards hair products. I love experimenting and trying out new products that are launched in the market. “Matrix oil therapie” is one of the new range that has been launched by Matrix. I picked up the entire range and have already reviewed the oil here. My hair is pretty damaged by my experiments in the past few years.
What works better than olive oil for damaged hair? As I saw this range had that ingredient and I had to try it. Let’s see how the combo worked for me.
Price: Rs 205 for 200 ml.
Product Description by Matrix:
- The nourishing shampoo has been formulated with olive oil that cleanses deeply and also nourishes the hair from the roots
- The olive oil provides root-to-tip nourishment in 3 ways- surface, middle and core of the hair fiber
- It leaves hair soft and healthy looking with a glossy shine
- It gives your hair intense nourishment and shine
- Suitable for all hair types
Directions: Apply to wet hair and lather with a gentle massaging motion. Rinse. Follow with Biolage Ultra-Nourishing Oil Conditioner.
My Experience With Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra Nourishing Oil Shampoo:
Matrix shampoos are affordable as well as super effective. This brand has never failed for me so I had some great expectation from this one. The shampoo bottle has its signature shape that we have seen in all the matrix shampoos. The packaging is nothing fancy just simple and sober. The bottle isn’t that huge in size so you can carry it around. The cap is a flip open one and convenient to use. It is pretty tight, so no chance of the shampoo getting leaked and spoiling your bag. It contains olive oil which is the best friend for damaged hair.
The shampoo comes in a moderate consistency; neither too thick nor too watery. It comes in shiny yellow color. The fragrance is a refreshing floral one and has a perfumed hint to it. It is similar to the fragrance we get in all the matrix products. More than coin sized amount is needed for a wash. Because less than coin sized amount will satisfy you till the scalp but then there would be no lather till the time you reach the ends. It lathers very well and feels very light on the scalp. It cleanses all the build-up and any dirt left there very well.
The hair feels super soft at the time of washing them too. It comes off very easily with a rinse of water. The conditioner of the same range works the best with this one. The hair feels very soft and smooth after drying. It gives the hair a very natural shine from within. And hence there is no need of a serum at all!
Neither for shine nor for smoothness; the olive oil does it all. Day by day after using it I could see the health of my hair improving. The frizz is controlled to a certain extent but not completely. My hair carries the shampoo smell for atleast 2 days. I don’t know how, but the shampoo keeps my hair naturally straight and manageable. It does’nt make my hair feel heavy or limp like some of the shampoos do. It will not repair any damaged hair, but it gives an illusion that there is no damage present. So I feel that illusion is good for me and I love this to the core!
Pros Of Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra Nourishing Oil Shampoo:
- Affordable and available in stores as well as online
- Has a complete range which might give you extra benefits if you use all the products together
- The cap is tight so no chances of leakage
- It lathers up very well and cleanses all the dirt or the build up very well leaving the hair fresh and soft
- It gives amazingly soft and smooth hair and there is no need to apply a serum
- It gives the hair a very natural shine
- It does not repair the damage but gives an illusion of perfect healthy hair
- The health of my hair is improving day by day
- It makes my hair manageable and makes them look naturally straight
- It does not make my hair look flat or limp
Cons Of Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra Nourishing Oil Shampoo:
- It will not repair any damage
- A good amount is needed for a one time wash
- Does not control the frizz to such a good extent
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra Nourishing Oil Shampoo?
Yes I do recommend this one. It is a good everyday shampoo which makes you hair look smooth, soft and silky. It makes the hair healthy looking day by day and more manageable. I loved this range and will buy it again for sure.
IMBB Rating: 4.7/ 5.
Conclusion: This shampoo is great for all hair types and will totally do justice to your hair. I have reviewed quite a few shampoos lately, so to clear out which works the best I am quoting down a ranking.
- Tresemme hair spa rejuvenation shampoo
- Matrix biolage oil therapie ultra nourishing oil shampoo
- Fructis triple nutrition strengthening shampoo
If you consider the entire range, then yes Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie range worked the best for me.
Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Nourishing Oil Shampoo
Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra Nourishing Oil Conditioner Is a Cream Bath For Your Hair!
Matrix Biolage Oil Therapie Ultra-Nourishing Rich Oil For Those Who Hate Heavy Bad-Smelling Oils
Matrix Biolage Hydrating Hair Masque
Matrix Biolage Root Nourishing Oil
Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Shampoo
L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Shampoo
Organix Healing Mandarin Olive Oil Shampoo
Kerastase Elixir K Ultime Sublime Cleansing Oil Shampoo
Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner